Singapore Expats

IPA Approved But Haven't Signed Any Offer Letter

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kennylsk

IPA Approved But Haven't Signed Any Offer Letter

Post by kennylsk » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 6:17 pm

Hi. I'm from Malaysia just got my IPA approved with a company in Singapore. I had tender resignation on the day I received the IPA and will start serving the 2 month notice period. However until now I still haven't signed any offer letter and the acceptance of the job offer was through email only. Just worried will there be any problem later as the hiring HR has not even inform me what is the next step to do.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: IPA Approved But Haven't Signed Any Offer Letter

Post by abbby » Sat, 05 Feb 2022 11:43 pm

Hmm.. Safer to sign the letter of offer before resigning..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: IPA Approved But Haven't Signed Any Offer Letter

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:58 pm

kennylsk wrote:
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 6:17 pm
Hi. I'm from Malaysia just got my IPA approved with a company in Singapore. I had tender resignation on the day I received the IPA and will start serving the 2 month notice period. However until now I still haven't signed any offer letter and the acceptance of the job offer was through email only. Just worried will there be any problem later as the hiring HR has not even inform me what is the next step to do.
Was the offer and acceptance via email? Did they indicated receipt of your acceptance letter? (pretty sure they accepted as they wouldn't have made the application for the relevant work pass. But if you received the offer and accepted both via email be sure not to delete them.

Remember, to and from M'sia has been hit or miss for a while, so the fewer trips made, reduces of getting caught via lockdowns/travel lanes, etc. Are you coming from Selangor or Johor Bahru? They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of applying for the IPA unless they received your acceptance of their offer. When you physically get to the office approach HR respectfully and inquire as to when you can sign an appointment letter/contract offer for your own records.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers