Singapore Expats

Has anyone been vaccinated with Sinopharm ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Has anyone been vaccinated with Sinopharm ?

Post by Jgrif96229 » Sun, 12 Sep 2021 9:51 pm

Has anyone in this group been vaccinated with Sinopharm Covid vaccine? How was your experience?

Signed up and approved on all lists. The only one getting back to me with a confirmed appointment was IHH. ( Mt E and GlenEagle and Parkway) via email and SMS.

It would have been nice to get the Pizer as MOH said I met the criteria that I sumitted. They verified all my information. Unfortunately a scheduled appointment never happened. A few days after the MOH acknowledgement I got the booking for Sinopharm from my other lists to IHH. Raffles acknowledged me also but appointments and doses were exhausted .

The plan is maybe later if I need a booster I can get Pifzer here or on a trip back to USA.
Joseph griffin

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: Has anyone been vaccinated with Sinopharm ?

Post by sp786 » Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:25 pm

Pfizer and Moderna are free so just wonder why didn't you opt for it? Did MOH declare that you're ineligible?

Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Post by Jgrif96229 » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 3:39 am

No, they declared that I qualified. Then never made it official by notifying of appointment. Then 3 days later I get a call from IHH saying I could get vaccinated. IHH could have administered MOH national or the Sino and Sinopharm and they had both their list and a copy of what MOH sent me as I included with my request.

As far as the MOH is concerned they want everyone vaccinated no matter free or paid. You notice that MOH quotes how many Sino and Sinopharm got distributed country wide and it's alot considering that Pfiser and Moderna are free under the national program.

For free is great only if it is the first one offered to you. Too many community cases for me to hold out hope for free. I have been trying ever since my partner got the Pfiser for free. I know from my partner the side effects from the Pfiser.

So back to the question has anyone on this forum been jabbed with the Sino and Sinopharm and we're there side effects from either dose ?

That would be the deal breaker. Did anyone get so sick after spending $120 plus they found themselves in the hospital at their expense? In the media you don't hear About fully vaccinated landing in hospital only the unvaccinated or partial vaccinated that are 80 or 90 years old.
Joseph griffin

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 11:47 am

sorry but don't get it why wouldn't you just go to get the free Pfizer shots?

I assume you are a legal resident here, and therefore you can just walk in to get the shots:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/ ... on-centres
"NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED AT PFIZER-BIONTECH/COMIRNATY VACCINATION CENTRES"

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 11:50 am

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 11:47 am

I assume you are a legal resident here, and therefore you can just walk in to get the shots:

He's been quite evasive about his immigration status.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 1:16 pm

Only 1.5% of the population here has gotten Sinovac, and it’s a pretty safe bet that none are on this forum. The number is so small that it doesn’t even come close to representing the majority of mainland Chinese residing here, despite what the hyperbolic propaganda would suggest.

PNGMK already told you in the other thread that you can just walk in, no appointment needed anymore… did you read this?
PNGMK wrote:
Thu, 29 Jul 2021 5:31 pm
Jgrif96229 wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 8:17 pm
I am retired 67 with several more months to go here in Singapore. For me I will need a vaccination that I pay for not being a citizen of Singapore.

Asked my GP and my GI and no one knows. US embassy not offering shots. Guess I will be on home delivery since August starts dine in only for vaccinated
Patrons.
You should be able to walk into any vaccination centre right now if you are a legal resident of any sort. This applies to LTVP holders but not sure about SVP.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 1:22 pm

Incidentally, my aunt (in-law) in Indonesia who I’d mentioned before was fully sinovaccinated but still ended up with a very severe case was finally able to leave the hospital after almost 2 months… but she still needs oxygen and struggles to even walk across the room.

Seems like a placebo might be just as effective.
Last edited by malcontent on Mon, 13 Sep 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 1:26 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 11:50 am

He's been quite evasive about his immigration status.
Smoulder, he sounds like another long-timer here (martincymru) who played ring around the rosy with ICA and a number of other immigration departments in Asia trying to avoid returning to the UK. martincymru, who was nearing critical mass and disappeared off our radar scope with 6 December 2020 being his last post. He had been a regular here for many years and was also known to a lot of us long-timers (Eagles). In fact, he was near my age and past normal retirement as well. He was a project QS I believe.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 13 Sep 2021 8:19 pm

For those who want to stay in Asia but don’t have a visa…

The easiest place for extending your stay in Asia is the Philippines (at least pre-Covid). It is the only country in the world that extends tourist visits up to a full 3 years, and all you have to do is buy a cheap round trip ticket to HK or Malaysia and repeat the whole process over again. This might sound be hard to believe, but it’s a well beaten path.

If you have a US passport, Vietnam has an exclusive one year “business” visa, which is mostly used by retirees - you don’t even need to conduct any business, merely exploring business opportunities is enough. You can stay an entire year without leaving the country, and the fees are dirt cheap.

Outside of Asia….

The Dominican Republic has a different twist - just come in as a tourist, stay as many years as you like and just pay a small fine at the end of your stay. The problem with that is, you never know when they might change their policy, so you need to be comfortable living on the edge.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 14 Sep 2021 1:02 pm

One more comment on the Philippines — if you are accustomed to life in Singapore and want to maintain a similar type of modern, safe, urban lifestyle over in the Philippines… Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is probably the place for you. Although it has one of the highest costs of living in the country, the streets are pristine, pedestrian friendly with world class infrastructure and comparable shopping and dining options. BGC is often referred to as Singapore in the Philippines.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:26 pm

My thoughts exactly.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:27 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 1:22 pm
Incidentally, my aunt (in-law) in Indonesia who I’d mentioned before was fully sinovaccinated but still ended up with a very severe case was finally able to leave the hospital after almost 2 months… but she still needs oxygen and struggles to even walk across the room.

Seems like a placebo might be just as effective.
Hahaha, I believe that.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:29 pm

Jgrif96229 wrote:
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 3:39 am
No, they declared that I qualified. Then never made it official by notifying of appointment. Then 3 days later I get a call from IHH saying I could get vaccinated. IHH could have administered MOH national or the Sino and Sinopharm and they had both their list and a copy of what MOH sent me as I included with my request.

As far as the MOH is concerned they want everyone vaccinated no matter free or paid. You notice that MOH quotes how many Sino and Sinopharm got distributed country wide and it's alot considering that Pfiser and Moderna are free under the national program.

For free is great only if it is the first one offered to you. Too many community cases for me to hold out hope for free. I have been trying ever since my partner got the Pfiser for free. I know from my partner the side effects from the Pfiser.

So back to the question has anyone on this forum been jabbed with the Sino and Sinopharm and we're there side effects from either dose ?

That would be the deal breaker. Did anyone get so sick after spending $120 plus they found themselves in the hospital at their expense? In the media you don't hear About fully vaccinated landing in hospital only the unvaccinated or partial vaccinated that are 80 or 90 years old.
My suggestion is just to walk into ANY vaccination site with identification, they will administer the vaccine.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 3:05 pm

There’s a reason why Thailand pushed all healthcare workers to get a 3rd mRNA booster after receiving Sinopharm/ Sinovac…the Chinese ones don’t work so well.

Why would you want to take a vaccine that doesn’t work so well? Have you forgotten about long COVID symptoms? Good luck rolling the dice on subsequent thrombotic events afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 12:30 pm

@BBCDoc... thanks for bringing up the probability of thrombotic events with Covid. I fibbed to get my third Moderna booster... mainly because I have both breathing issues and Factor V Leiden, which has already caused me a DVT and PE... I don't need any more of that.
Last edited by Myasis Dragon on Mon, 11 Oct 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.