Singapore Expats Forum

bridge

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
choc

bridge

Postby choc » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:50 am

Hey...anyone keen in playing bridge? I can't quite remember the rules but I do remember I enjoyed playing the game the few times I did. We can have coffee/picnic and play bridge perhaps?

Cheers

vidia
Regular
Regular

Yes!

Postby vidia » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 7:18 pm

Just saw this! I had just posted a request for bridge partners on the other forum, so if you did not respond to that then we have 4, enuf to get started. Seems we're all beginners, so that's cool, we can be patient with each other. PM me if still interested, we plan to get together in about 3 weeks.

cherryblue
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cherryblue » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:16 am

hi guys...
pardon my ignorance....what game is this? :oops:

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 9:32 am

Hi cherry - bridge is a card game with 4 persons who pair off as partners. There are two aspects to bridge, the first (and perhaps more important part) is the bidding, and the second is the actual play. When a team wins a bid (of suit, in the following order of hierarchy - no trump, spades, hearts, diamonds, clubs), one member of the team is the 'dummy' and lays her cards down for the table to see. Someone has described this game as taking a day to learn and a lifetime to master. It's highly addictive and can be as complex as chess, with grandmasters and such (Omar Sharif, the actor, is a famous bridge player). If you're interested to learn, lemme know - I am trying to set up a group to meet regularly and play and we are mostly beginners.

cherryblue
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cherryblue » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 4:07 pm

hi vidia...
thanks for the explanation.....
let me know if u all are up for a game..... :lol:

choc

bridge

Postby choc » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:54 pm

Hi vidia,

Yes, I am definitely keen and three weeks from now sounds good. i can't drop you a message as I can't remember my password!
what shld i do next?

cheers

choc

bridge

Postby choc » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:54 pm

Hi vidia,

Yes, I am definitely keen and three weeks from now sounds good. i can't drop you a message as I can't remember my password!
what shld i do next?

cheers

anthea

Re: Yes!

Postby anthea » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 7:46 pm

Hi Vidia

Count me in! Don't know the game but will try to learn. I'm free weekdays AM and PM but nites are out unless my husband Hans is out of town unless Hans can invited too in which case I will coax him to come with me. Let me know.
Cheers!
Yvonne

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”