Singapore PR Chances 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Locked
sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by sp786 » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:54 pm

wakingmoon wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:17 pm
Given the current political climate I thought the hot topic being contended is foreigners-taking-the-jobs, so I believe its the EP numbers that will trickle down and thats probably the knob the gahmen might use for political purposes.
I dont think the 2200 PRs distributed per year to Indians matter much in the wider scope of things.
What are your thoughts?
@ SleepingMoon - >>> "You cannot reach your destination if you throw stones at every dog on the way" - Winston Churchill.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39564
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:58 pm

Newbies trying to make waves is being respectful. Especially considering you are coming from a country that still uses the caste system I believe I'd try to tone it down a little. Where I come from my elders and parents always told me to the make sure you sweep off your own back porch before talking about others. Have you fixed your own back porch yet? Or are you running away from the problem and that's why you are here in Singapore?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wakingmoon
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:08 am

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by wakingmoon » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:01 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:58 pm
Newbies trying to make waves is being respectful. Especially considering you are coming from a country that still uses the caste system I believe I'd try to tone it down a little. Where I come from my elders and parents always told me to the make sure you sweep off your own back porch before talking about others. Have you fixed your own pack porch yet? Or are you running away from the problem and that's why you are here in Singapore?
:???:
How did the Indian-caste system come into the discussion? What back-porch are you talking about?
Is that how to argue your points when talking to every Indian when there's nothing left?

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 2:08 am

wakingmoon wrote:
Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:01 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:58 pm
Newbies trying to make waves is being respectful. Especially considering you are coming from a country that still uses the caste system I believe I'd try to tone it down a little. Where I come from my elders and parents always told me to the make sure you sweep off your own back porch before talking about others. Have you fixed your own pack porch yet? Or are you running away from the problem and that's why you are here in Singapore?
:???:
How did the Indian-caste system come into the discussion? What back-porch are you talking about?
Is that how to argue your points when talking to every Indian when there's nothing left?
What I believe he is saying is that before you go off on a crusade against racism in another country, have you checked the levels of discrimination in your own?

To which I might add that most of the desis overseas become sensitive about racism towards Indians and quite conveniently oblivious to the privilege they themselves grew up with. Just go ahead and observe this - the overwhelming majority of Indians you see overseas in high positions and earning well are upper castes if they are Hindus or were from upper castes before their ancestors converted to Islam or Christianity.

And further, I may add that the racism we (Indian born Indians) face in Singapore is nothing in comparison to what the local Indians have been through.

I think most of us, overseas and in Singapore specifically need to grow a thicker hide, stop complaining about racism and start acknowledging the privilege that brought us here in the first place.

PS - I'm another ceca uncle flipping some crispy prata.

wakingmoon
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:08 am

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by wakingmoon » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:20 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 11 Oct 2021 2:08 am
wakingmoon wrote:
Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:01 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:58 pm
Newbies trying to make waves is being respectful. Especially considering you are coming from a country that still uses the caste system I believe I'd try to tone it down a little. Where I come from my elders and parents always told me to the make sure you sweep off your own back porch before talking about others. Have you fixed your own pack porch yet? Or are you running away from the problem and that's why you are here in Singapore?
:???:
How did the Indian-caste system come into the discussion? What back-porch are you talking about?
Is that how to argue your points when talking to every Indian when there's nothing left?
What I believe he is saying is that before you go off on a crusade against racism in another country, have you checked the levels of discrimination in your own?

To which I might add that most of the desis overseas become sensitive about racism towards Indians and quite conveniently oblivious to the privilege they themselves grew up with. Just go ahead and observe this - the overwhelming majority of Indians you see overseas in high positions and earning well are upper castes if they are Hindus or were from upper castes before their ancestors converted to Islam or Christianity.

And further, I may add that the racism we (Indian born Indians) face in Singapore is nothing in comparison to what the local Indians have been through.

I think most of us, overseas and in Singapore specifically need to grow a thicker hide, stop complaining about racism and start acknowledging the privilege that brought us here in the first place.

PS - I'm another ceca uncle flipping some crispy prata.
Its best if you dont make assumptions about how I feel or act about social-issues in India. As an Indian, you should be the last person to paint all Indians with the same brush given the amount of diversity that exists.
Also, I dont follow the weird logic by the respected Moderator that first I should go solve problems in India before I raise alarms of racism here? Does that mean USA (Moderator's country) has already nailed all the social-issues?
I humbly urge you to stop playing quid-pro-quo you-scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours with Moderator for brownie points and not sweep important issues of this generation under the rug.
I am calling a spade a spade, respectfully.
Acceptance is the first step towards recognising social issues in the society.
Be a bigger human, accept the speech was unnecessarily and uncalled for, and move ahead.
Peace!

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 2:18 pm

^ I think you definitely need to grow a thicker hide. And also, remember that this not your office and I'm not your subordinate - I hope you don't speak to people like that at your workplace.

wakingmoon
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:08 am

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by wakingmoon » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 2:41 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 11 Oct 2021 2:18 pm
^ I think you definitely need to grow a thicker hide. And also, remember that this not your office and I'm not your subordinate - I hope you don't speak to people like that at your workplace.
People would be quite concerned working with you especially if you openly address them as “ceca prata flippers”. Please have some dignity and respect for fellow Indians on this forum and outside too.
Based on how you denounce casual racism as being thin skinned, and instead of accepting it, the way you ignore the existence of the problem altogether speaks a lot about you as a person not me.

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 2:59 pm

Oh you have it all wrong. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong point. Racism exists. Sometimes you need to calm your tits and not make a mountain out of a molehill.

Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests