Singapore Expats

Singapore PR Chances 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JagadishRaju

Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by JagadishRaju » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 8:48 pm

Hi All,

I just thought of checking with you guys about my chances of getting PR. Experts please comment on the below profile.

India
Stay: 9 yrs in Singapore
Applied : 3 times, all rejected.
Salary: 100k
Holding EP
Family: married and one son (18 months)

Current status: I applied on March 2021, now it’s getting close to 6 months. It’s in ‘pending’ status.

Any chances my application can go through? Any comments

Thanks in advance!

not_as_smart

Re: Singapore PR Chances 2021

Post by not_as_smart » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 9:26 am

These days it seems to take longer. 18 months wait time seems to be a norm for an outcome.
All the best.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 1:08 pm

JagadishRaju wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2021 8:48 pm
Hi All,

I just thought of checking with you guys about my chances of getting PR. Experts please comment on the below profile.

India
Holding EP

Current status: I applied on March 2021, now it’s getting close to 6 months. It’s in ‘pending’ status.

Thanks in advance!
Unless you have had significant changes since your last rejection, result is likely to be the same. We can't give you any opinion closer than that as you have not provided us with the changes to your profile since your last rejection. If you are in IT, then you should realize that inputting the same data will normally result in the same output.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:32 pm

JagadishRaju wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2021 8:48 pm
Hi All,

India
Holding EP

Thanks in advance!
CECA tough chance bro anyway all the best can flip prata well until then!

wakingmoon

Post by wakingmoon » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 2:06 pm

Please maintain decorum on this public forum. There was no need to be racist and judgmental about this question.
The irony of this platform is that almost everybody expecting answers are all foreigners. So your reply says more about you than otherwise.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 3:52 pm

Well, sp786 claims to be from India
Last edited by the observer on Sun, 10 Oct 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 3:54 pm

sp786 wrote:
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:12 pm
Ceca people spill over beyond cecaland. So as a Ceca i say another PR aspiring Ceca should rethink. The group is seeing cecaland people as threat due to worldwide equal population and penetration into various markets. So ceca people got 2 choices

1. Think about self and leave to better places
2. Hold the fort and do not give up cecaman still needs to maintain presence here. After all ceca has resulted in 70 billion dollar investment in singapore.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 5:17 pm

Sarcasm not racism.

wakingmoon

Post by wakingmoon » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 6:19 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 5:17 pm
Sarcasm not racism.
Ironically, thats also the subtle difference between perpetrators and victims of racism.
No offence, but one should educate themselves better about what's construes as racism and what doesnt.
As a fellow-Indian, I definitely take offence at my colleague being called a prata-flipper disregarding him of his hard-work and determination to earn a decent living in Singapore. And more so, not taking away anything from actual prata-flippers who themselves are some of the most hardworking people I know of.
Its quite unfortunate that the above post smears both these groups of people at once.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 8:38 pm

wakingmoon wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 6:19 pm
smoulder wrote:
Sarcasm not racism.
Ironically, thats also the subtle difference between perpetrators and victims of racism.
No offence, but one should educate themselves better about what's construes as racism and what doesnt.
As a fellow-Indian, I definitely take offence at my colleague being called a prata-flipper disregarding him of his hard-work and determination to earn a decent living in Singapore. And more so, not taking away anything from actual prata-flippers who themselves are some of the most hardworking people I know of.
Its quite unfortunate that the above post smears both these groups of people at once.
Well I will just let sp786 explain it himself. I know where he's coming from. And it's sarcasm about people who hurl these kinds of racist taunts.

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 8:55 pm

I am oso CECA Indian in local terms. sarcasm can can or cannot oso ah? :???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 9:00 pm

Looks like we got us a new troll (with only 11 posts) and he thinks everybody is going to bow to his punctured ego. Just what we need, a prata-flipping troll who thinks he's going to school all our long-terms prata-flippers. And yeah, I should be offended as well, as I've been married to female prata-flipper long before he was even a twinkle in his father's eyes. But then I just consider the source. He's one of the new breed who walk around with a chip on their shoulder and no real purpose in life other than taking offense at everything.

Wakingmoon, just to let you know, there is no "safe" space for you here. Wait till you get 100 posts before start trying to play Don Quixote and tilting at windmills. This old coot will be the first to take you to task. Take your whiney hurt elsewhere. Capisce?

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wakingmoon

Post by wakingmoon » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 9:48 pm

sp786 wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 8:55 pm
I am oso CECA Indian in local terms. sarcasm can can or cannot oso ah? :???:
You might be a CECA entry, but majority of us arent; have you considered that?
All I am asking is to be respectful.
Dont take my word for it, quoting Senior Minister Sim Ann:
“In other words, even if Ceca did not exist, our strategy of building a finance hub and ICT hub would mean that there would likely be as many Indian PMETs here,” said Ms Sim.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... -india-sim

wakingmoon

Post by wakingmoon » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 9:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 9:00 pm
Looks like we got us a new troll (with only 11 posts) and he thinks everybody is going to bow to his punctured ego. Just what we need, a prata-flipping troll who thinks he's going to school all our long-terms prata-flippers. And yeah, I should be offended as well, as I've been married to female prata-flipper long before he was even a twinkle in his father's eyes. But then I just consider the source. He's one of the new breed who walk around with a chip on their shoulder and no real purpose in life other than taking offense at everything.

Wakingmoon, just to let you know, there is no "safe" space for you here. Wait till you get 100 posts before start trying to play Don Quixote and tilting at windmills. This old coot will be the first to take you to task. Take your whiney hurt elsewhere. Capisce?

sms
I dont get it, so I need 100 posts to raise any concerns about racism? :shock: :???:

wakingmoon

Post by wakingmoon » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 9:58 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 8:38 pm
wakingmoon wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 6:19 pm
smoulder wrote:
Sarcasm not racism.
Well I will just let sp786 explain it himself. I know where he's coming from. And it's sarcasm about people who hurl these kinds of racist taunts.
Thanks a lot buddy, probably the most sensible reply to the thread.
Last I checked sarcasm with racial undertones is still racism. No? :???:
In this case, maybe he means well and probably had no ill-intent, but consider the OP, who literally made his first post here on this platform and obviously doesnt have any such context.