PR REP renew rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Erlic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:09 am

PR REP renew rejected

Post by Erlic » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:18 am

Hi there,

My PR rep renew has been rejected recently cause I’m overseas right now. I’ve heard that once you lose your PR it will be difficult to enter Singapore in the future even with a visitor/tourist pass. Does anyone know if this is true? What about finding a job back in sg with an EP — will the EP be easily rejected too?

Thanks.

Myasis Dragon
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 3

Re: PR REP renew rejected

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:38 am

You have seriously ferked up. See your other post. Singapore doesn't like PR's who are not resident.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3522
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR REP renew rejected

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:48 am

Erlic wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:18 am
Hi there,

My PR rep renew has been rejected recently cause I’m overseas right now. I’ve heard that once you lose your PR it will be difficult to enter Singapore in the future even with a visitor/tourist pass. Does anyone know if this is true? What about finding a job back in sg with an EP — will the EP be easily rejected too?

Thanks.
Where are you?
Are you working for a SG Company, paid in SGD and paying CPF?
How long are you out of SG?
When do you intend to be back?

Erlic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:09 am

Re: PR REP renew rejected

Post by Erlic » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:55 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:48 am
Erlic wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:18 am
Hi there,

My PR rep renew has been rejected recently cause I’m overseas right now. I’ve heard that once you lose your PR it will be difficult to enter Singapore in the future even with a visitor/tourist pass. Does anyone know if this is true? What about finding a job back in sg with an EP — will the EP be easily rejected too?

Thanks.
Where are you?
Are you working for a SG Company, paid in SGD and paying CPF?
How long are you out of SG?
When do you intend to be back?
no not working for any SG company. Out of SG for 2 years so no CPF contributions for 2 yrs. intend to be back next year.

I’ve pretty much accept the fact that I will lose my current PR. However as i posted in my original post, will losing PR add to any difficulty for my return to SG in the future with visitor pass or EP?

Thanks

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3522
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR REP renew rejected

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 10:49 am

Erlic wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:55 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:48 am
Erlic wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:18 am
Hi there,

My PR rep renew has been rejected recently cause I’m overseas right now. I’ve heard that once you lose your PR it will be difficult to enter Singapore in the future even with a visitor/tourist pass. Does anyone know if this is true? What about finding a job back in sg with an EP — will the EP be easily rejected too?

Thanks.
Where are you?
Are you working for a SG Company, paid in SGD and paying CPF?
How long are you out of SG?
When do you intend to be back?
no not working for any SG company. Out of SG for 2 years so no CPF contributions for 2 yrs. intend to be back next year.

I’ve pretty much accept the fact that I will lose my current PR. However as i posted in my original post, will losing PR add to any difficulty for my return to SG in the future with visitor pass or EP?

Thanks
If you are really serious, you can appeal to them and come back for 1 year with 1 year REP and work here and show them that you are serious and then later get the normal REP extension.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 8:06 am
Location: Singapore

Re: PR REP renew rejected

Post by bro75 » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 5:04 pm

You should be able to visit with a social visit pass.
I know of people who got EPs after renouncing their PRs but they applied for EPs after a few years of the renunciation. I am not sure if there is some sort of required time gap between renunciation and subsequent EP application.

Erlic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 9:09 am

Re: PR REP renew rejected

Post by Erlic » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 5:20 pm

bro75 wrote:
Tue, 24 Aug 2021 5:04 pm
You should be able to visit with a social visit pass.
I know of people who got EPs after renouncing their PRs but they applied for EPs after a few years of the renunciation. I am not sure if there is some sort of required time gap between renunciation and subsequent EP application.

Thank you. This is really helpful

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests