Singapore Expats

Lost my necklace

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
shiroiinu18

Lost my necklace

Post by shiroiinu18 » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:56 am

Hi All,

Not sure where to post this exactly, but I lost a very meaningful necklace the other night at the ECP in Katong. I'm not sure exactly where it fell off me, but I retraced my steps, asked the shops around if anyone turned it in, asked the beachcomber and the cleaning person there - no luck.

Is there any particular place / forum I can check for lost and found items like this? I'm hoping someone is trying to find the necklaces' owner (me!) - Thanks!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Lost my necklace

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:15 pm

The best thing you could do would be to make a police report. It would be helpful if you had pictures of the necklace and precise details about when you lost it. If someone finds it, they are most likely to return it to the nearby police station.

shiroiinu18

Post by shiroiinu18 » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 1:49 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:15 pm
The best thing you could do would be to make a police report. It would be helpful if you had pictures of the necklace and precise details about when you lost it. If someone finds it, they are most likely to return it to the nearby police station.
Thanks so much! I will try that.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 2:04 pm

It is hard to deal with losing things that are valuable to you. If you are meant to find it again, you will. But if you don’t, be grateful for what you do have, especially your health.

On a side note, back when Borders bookstore was in operation here, someone had left a really nice pair of reading glasses on a stack of books near the exit. I promptly informed the security guard who was nearby and then went along my merry way. Out of curiosity, I took a quick look back and what did I see? The security guard was trying on the reading glasses for himself!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Swn4
Regular
Regular

Post by Swn4 » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:02 pm

I hope you manage to find your necklace. I only noticed that I had lost a bracelet when I went to bed at night but luckily I was able to narrow down where I lost it to my physiotherapist’s office and managed to get it back the next day. I was very fortunate that the link broke at the physio’s office and not at Paragon which had been my next destination for the day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:09 am

shiroiinu18 wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2021 1:49 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:15 pm
Thanks so much! I will try that.
Best of luck!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:10 am

Swn4 wrote:
Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:02 pm
I hope you manage to find your necklace. I only noticed that I had lost a bracelet when I went to bed at night but luckily I was able to narrow down where I lost it to my physiotherapist’s office and managed to get it back the next day. I was very fortunate that the link broke at the physio’s office and not at Paragon which had been my next destination for the day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I once had a diamond earring fall out of my ear without me noticing while I was at my doctors office a couple years ago. Thankfully when I had retraced my steps it was in the corner on the ground, untouched.