Singapore Expats

Insurance for STVP

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
Tobetrue

Insurance for STVP

Post by Tobetrue » Thu, 19 Aug 2021 6:54 pm

Hi friends. My wife may need surgery here in Singapore. Her spass has expired and is currently holding a stvp issued by ica till early Sept. We intend to further extend the stvp while waiting for ltvp. Now here's the concern as she may need surgery in 1-2 months. Is there any insurance in Singapore that covers hospitalisation and medical bills etc(while on stvp)?

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Insurance for STVP

Post by malcontent » Fri, 20 Aug 2021 12:02 pm

Any coverage you get here is not going to cover existing medical conditions, so I really doubt surgery needed in 1-2 months can be covered by any plan.

Assuming you still want coverage anyway, I heard Bupa is one of the best deals for expats, apparently the plan they sell in British Pounds is the best price.

Once she has LTVP and assuming you are a SPR or SC, then you can cover her under an IP plan with your CPF. That will be much cheaper. Not every IP plan covers non-SPR/SC so you’ll need to do some digging.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Pardeevitchok

Post by Pardeevitchok » Wed, 21 Sep 2022 8:06 pm

Hello. I'm in a similar situation right now.

Poh475

Post by Poh475 » Tue, 03 Jan 2023 4:59 pm

Pardeevitchok wrote:
Wed, 21 Sep 2022 8:06 pm
Hello. I'm in a similar situation right now.
You need to get your spouse on your company insurance as soon as possible.

Most if not all health insurance offered in Singapore will not cover an existing condition and/or pending surgery.

Corporate insurance might cover as it takes into account the entire portfolio of claims instead of a single claim.

If she is on STVP, she is not eligible for many insurance as the minimum requirement is a LTVP