Singapore Expats

US Reports more than 1,000 deaths in a day

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

US Reports more than 1,000 deaths in a day

Post by abbby » Thu, 19 Aug 2021 3:41 pm

I hope more people can choose to be vaccinated, infections rates and deaths rates are that high and some people are still in denial, which is shocking. :shock:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/unit ... UXjwTrqp2Y
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: US Reports more than 1,000 deaths in a day

Post by BBCDoc » Thu, 19 Aug 2021 3:47 pm

Had to have a discussion with a local colleague, who refuses to get vaccinated.

Another colleague recently had a bereavement due to COVID (made the SG news a few weeks ago).

We are anticipating potential changes to the office attendance and well as customer facing protocols for non-vaccinated.

Colleague says she is still waiting for sufficient data to show vaccine safety. Let’s see how long this will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 19 Aug 2021 3:57 pm

Now even the non vaccinated are already being differentiated in terms of hospital visiting, dining out etc. And soon twice a week mandatory swab tests if you are face-to-face with customers.

I won't be surprised if malls and supermarkets will one day allow only the vaccinated ones. They will start seeing the real inconveniences.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Fri, 20 Aug 2021 3:36 am

The unvaccinated ought to be wearing a big red, "I'm stupid" on their chests, just so we can pick them out and avoid them. Or, breathe all over them, depending upon your mood.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:20 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Fri, 20 Aug 2021 3:36 am
The unvaccinated ought to be wearing a big red, "I'm stupid" on their chests, just so we can pick them out and avoid them. Or, breathe all over them, depending upon your mood.
Exactly. Refusing to get vaccinated at this point is plain stupid and selfish, it will only come to bite them in the you know what in the long run.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:23 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 19 Aug 2021 3:57 pm
Now even the non vaccinated are already being differentiated in terms of hospital visiting, dining out etc. And soon twice a week mandatory swab tests if you are face-to-face with customers.

I won't be surprised if malls and supermarkets will one day allow only the vaccinated ones. They will start seeing the real inconveniences.
Won’t be long before that happens. It’s basically the government making vaccinations mandatory without officially doing so.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:26 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 19 Aug 2021 3:41 pm
I hope more people can choose to be vaccinated, infections rates and deaths rates are that high and some people are still in denial, which is shocking. :shock:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/unit ... UXjwTrqp2Y
I just spoke to my relatives in the US last night, the situation is not looking great there (they live in Florida). The government has stopped requiring masks in school (you can already see where this is going). Wouldn’t be surprised if they had to close schools again.