Singapore Expats

Singapore Hair Salon

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
fayetan702

Singapore Hair Salon

Post by fayetan702 » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 1:49 am

Any hair salon recommendations in Singapore? I'm planning to have my hair colored. :D

jasminetang584

Re: Singapore Hair Salon

Post by jasminetang584 » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 1:53 am

<Spam removed>

fayetan702

Post by fayetan702 » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 1:54 am

<Spam removed>

Oh that's nice! I would love to try it out. Since we're already talking about salons and stuff, do you mind also suggesting a good spa? I want to have a full body massage. I've been stressed lately. I need to pamper myself hahaha

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 3:38 am

Are you two sock puppet clowns having fun? You're one and the same person, posting from an identical IP address. Your advertising has been deleted. Do it some more and your account will be locked.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 8:41 am

Since the crisis, I’ve migrated to full self-grooming at home — I figured during WFH it’s a good time to practice, since nobody will notice if I mess up! Now I’ve got it down… good enough anyway.

The Wahl plug in trimmer I bought for £9 during a vacation to London has really paid off. I had always wanted to buy one here, but all they have is battery powered trimmers for 4-5x the price — overpriced, disposable junk! So, I had always refused to buy one, and couldn’t bring one from the US because of the power difference.

I bought several items in the UK, including my prized plug in electric can opener for £14… now that is a real novelty item — such a device is completely unknown/unheard of here!

https://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/pro ... 0wco606002
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 1:38 pm

I migrated to self-grooming at home since August 1968. I've always cut and much later shaved (last 13 years) my hair and trimmed my beard or let it flourish as it currently is. Being partially ambidextrous has always been a big help when using a straight razor or scissors. Can't write too well left handed, but play darts, table tennis and shaving with a straight razor pretty good. The biggest boon to head shaving is a razor from Headblade® don't even need the straight razor any more.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 1:44 pm

Many years ago, Tangs used to sell those Kenwood electric can openers 240v. We used to have one but it finally bit the dust and we didn't bother replacing it as my wife still preferred the manual kind (I, for the life of me, can't understand why!) and I didn't open many cans so there you go. We bought ours after we bought the flat so it was probably 20 years ago.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 7:24 pm

I’ve used box dye since the start of the pandemic, I like the Liese bubble foam which you can get from Watsons or Guardian.

lisa A

Post by lisa A » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 7:24 am

I always avoid those asking to buy package ones. I tried once and give up.....they keep pestering you to top up when your card value still hav 40 per cent of the card value.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 9:32 pm

Artistry is good

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:16 pm

lisa A wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 7:24 am
I always avoid those asking to buy package ones. I tried once and give up.....they keep pestering you to top up when your card value still hav 40 per cent of the card value.
Those are the worst. When they feel the need to upsell or hard sell it’s a sign that they lack integrity and that their regular services aren’t enough to pay the bills.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:18 pm

sp786 wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 9:32 pm
Artistry is good
My personal favorite is Hair Vanguard at Concorde Shopping mall (under Concorde hotel).