Singapore Expats

6th person died from Covid19 in one month

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 12 Aug 2021 5:07 pm

And I also realised they usually have some similarities :

- Unvaccinated and with of history of stroke, diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidaemia.

https://mustsharenews.com/unvaccinated- ... F7zH3GQMzM
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: 6th person died from Covid19 in one month

Post by Myasis Dragon » Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:51 pm

Darwin at work. 99.5 percent of Covid cases in the USA are amongst unvaccinated people. 99.8 percent of hospitalizations and deaths are amongst the unvaccinated.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 14 Aug 2021 6:09 pm

](*,) ](*,)
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 7:30 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 12 Aug 2021 5:07 pm
And I also realised they usually have some similarities :

- Unvaccinated and with of history of stroke, diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidaemia.

https://mustsharenews.com/unvaccinated- ... F7zH3GQMzM
Unsurprising, those with pre-existing conditions are always more prone to succumbing to infection.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 15 Aug 2021 7:31 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:51 pm
Darwin at work. 99.5 percent of Covid cases in the USA are amongst unvaccinated people. 99.8 percent of hospitalizations and deaths are amongst the unvaccinated.

Is there a pattern here? I can’t seem to pick up on any trend… :D

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Myasis Dragon » Mon, 16 Aug 2021 2:32 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 15 Aug 2021 7:31 pm
Is there a pattern here? I can’t seem to pick up on any trend… :D
Anti-vaxxers are willfully ignorant, socially irresponsible nihilists, brainwashed into believing that they somehow have some kind of individual right that trumps the rights of society to remain healthy.

They are suspended at the level of juvenile adolescent development, where the mantra, "I have my rights" is regularly heard, and where "social responsibility" is a phrase unheard or not understood.

Did that help?
Last edited by Myasis Dragon on Mon, 16 Aug 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Aug 2021 8:41 am

I'm stealing that SE/MD
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 18 Aug 2021 6:01 pm

The issue should be that the virus doesn’t care if you are vaccinated or not - it’s going to try to infect you anyway.

The difference is if you want to give yourself a chance to fight off the bugger without going into the ICU or not…let personal decisions rule on this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Myasis Dragon » Thu, 19 Aug 2021 12:40 am

BBCDoc wrote:
Wed, 18 Aug 2021 6:01 pm
The issue should be that the virus doesn’t care if you are vaccinated or not - it’s going to try to infect you anyway.

The difference is if you want to give yourself a chance to fight off the bugger without going into the ICU or not…let personal decisions rule on this…

"Let personal decisions rule on this". I think not. This is a prime example of a situation where public health needs outweigh "personal decisions".

Take Texas... home of the "I got my rights" unvaccinated people. ICU's filled to overflowing. Nurses quitting because of the overload... an overload created by unvaccinated people getting sick.

Mask mandates because the unvaccinated are transmitting the disease to vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. Even our right wing, anti-mask governor, has contracted Covid after being vaccinated because he's been hanging around in town halls with a bunch of unmasked, unvaccinated goobers.

You want to be unvaccinated when you know it solves all kinds of problems? Then your insurance should not pay for your stupidity and hospitalization because that means I pay through higher premiums for your stupidity. ICU stays aint cheap.

Would you say the same, a personal decision, about spreading STD's through unprotected sex?

The damn fool idiots in our society, refusing to vaccinate and refusing to wear masks, screw it up for all of us... social wise and cost wise.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Thu, 19 Aug 2021 10:22 am

Hey MD,

You are right, I was remiss in not completing the position statement - personal choice but they should assume all costs and consequences that come with it.

Right now, most countries have been trying to control transmission, bringing it down to zero.

If we are moving towards living with C19 and making it endemic, it means we have to accept higher transmission and hospitalisation of (majority) unvaccinated people.

There's always room for one more

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 20 Aug 2021 4:48 pm

I have gotten to the stage where I think people who refuse to be vaccinated (note - NOT people who are unable to be vaccinated), should be refused hospitalisation if they contract COVID-19. Let them rely on their God-given rights and natural immunity to keep them alive.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 8:28 am

Addadude wrote:
Fri, 20 Aug 2021 4:48 pm
I have gotten to the stage where I think people who refuse to be vaccinated (note - NOT people who are unable to be vaccinated), should be refused hospitalisation if they contract COVID-19. Let them rely on their God-given rights and natural immunity to keep them alive.
They should not be refused the hospitalization, but the insurance providers should refuse to cover the bills. And they may have the case, as IMHO this already crosses the line of acting with due diligence or acting the way not to cause/aggravate harm or injury.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 3:41 am

x9200 wrote:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 8:28 am
Addadude wrote:
They should not be refused the hospitalization, but the insurance providers should refuse to cover the bills. And they may have the case, as IMHO this already crosses the line of acting with due diligence or acting the way not to cause/aggravate harm or injury.
The only problem, of course, is that now you have unvaccinated clowns ending up in the hospital who can't pay their bills.

In the USA, most of these people are also opposed to Obamacare, so, except that I do actually have a few compassionate bones in my body, I'd simply deny them hospitalization. If god is going to protect you from Covid, god can also heal you at home.

There is always a turd in the punchbowl... and in this case, it is these socially irresponsible anti-vaxxers.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:14 am

It seems fair, but there is always this dilemma if we should act de facto the same way just because somebody happened to be an idiot.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:22 am

Addadude wrote:
Completely agree. If they don’t want to do their part, they should be willing to suffer the consequences.