Singapore Expats

Dine in allowed for vaccinated people in groups of 5

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Dine in allowed for vaccinated people in groups of 5

Post by abbby » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:33 pm

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapo ... rs-2096546

Is this a call to persuade more to get vaccinated? So you can't dine in restaurants if you aren't vaccinated?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Dine in allowed for vaccinated people in groups of 5

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:48 pm

two weeks ago it was Chinese Privilege. Next week it's Vaxxed Privilege. Or if you are an opposition follower here, it will be Unvaxxed Discrimination.

Oh, and the wearing of designation that you are unvaxxed on construction sites? Reminds me of how it all started in Germany in the run up to WWII. Making undesirables wear the "Star of David" where it could be seen by all, especially the brownshirts. (My grandparents immigrated to the US from Germany between the two WWs - so my history lessons were pretty close to home)
Doesn't seem like a bad idea, but once precedence is set escalation is easy. What's next?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 10:04 pm

I see ERP (electronic restaurant pricing) in our future - - no vax and get a tax!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Post by Jgrif96229 » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 11:26 pm

So one of us is totally vaccinated and the other needs 3 weeks till shot 2 and then 2 weeks after before we can dine in at McDonalds sometime in late September.
Will malls work the same way. Will this be done using Trace Together?
Joseph griffin

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 2:07 am

[Sent by Gov.sg – 8 Aug]

As of 7 Aug 12pm, there are 42 persons infected with COVID-19 who are seriously ill. 38 require oxygen supplementation and 4 are in ICU. 37 are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, 5 have completed the full vaccination regimen*. One person, unvaccinated, passed away yesterday from complications due to COVID-19 infection.

As of 7 Aug 12pm, there are 75 new locally transmitted and 6 new imported cases of COVID-19 infection.

3,744,802 (68%) of our total population have completed the full regimen*.

_*Received both doses or 1 dose for recovered individuals_

go.gov.sg/moh070821
Not trying to be discrete about their push for vaccination. That's good in my opinion.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you are vaccinated but with a non WHO approved vaccine, they might count you as unvacccinated.