Singapore Expats Forum

Call for volunteers for film fest

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Call for volunteers for film fest

Postby Guest » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:52 am

Fwding this as it looks interesting, thot somebody might be interested.

Call for Volunteers to join the ASEAN Film Festival Committee
A sub-committee of ASEANIA, a Singapore International Foundation (SIF)/ Youth Expedition Programme Alumni (YEPA) platform for ASEAN Interaction and Awareness
Be part of the first ever ASEAN Film Festival in Singapore! (Nov 2005)

What Committee members will do

1. Liaise with SFS, GV and other screening venue for the festival
2. Decide on the criteria for the selection of films
3. Shortlist films for screening at the festival
4. Fund raising - write to and meet up with potential sponsors
5. Plan and organise festival publicity and activities
6. Organise an ASEAN short film competition / entries in conjunction with the film festival
7. On duty during the film festival
8. And of course attend committee meetings! (about once a month)
If the above interests you and you can help, email Diana at by 28 Mar 2005 with your:
Email address
Contact No.
A little introduction of yourself and why you want to join this committee.
Join us and have fun!
Warm regards,
ASEANIA (ASEAN Interaction & Awareness) is a platform for engagement that aims to
promote cross-cultural interaction & awareness of ASEAN cultures and communities.
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your response to volunteer. This email to clarify some points and questions that seem to keep popping up about volunteering for this AFF sub-com.

I can't answer you all individually as I have got hundreds of responses! And they are still coming in!

1. Many wrote in to say that they are only interested in the films selection! Frankly, that's the easiest part, I don't need to form a sub-com to do that!

It is a "working" committee, which mean you must be willing to do parts that are not so exciting or glamourous.

2. Many ask how much time is needed, I don’t have the exact hours. All I can say is that the AFF will be held from 10 Nov - 19 Nov. So com members need to be around at that time.
From Apr onwards, com members will begin to meet. Once a month but may be more when it's closer to the date.

Impt: Meetings will be on a weekday evenings at SIF (Parkmall Orchard), likely to be a mon or wed. Members are expected to attend all meetings. Yes! I need commitment!

3.If you intend to join the Short Film Competition, You can’t be in the Committee.
4. And no, there’s no age limit to join the committee.

Having said all that, I believe that it's going to be fun. It is exciting ( this being the first AFF) and it has lots of scope. If the event goes well, it might just become a yearly festival and we can look at how we can expand it and incorporate other worthy causes as well ; )

So if you think that you are still interested, drop me a mail again.
Let me know also that if you are not selected to be in the committee (I've got hundreds of responses, I can't have everyone!), would you be willing to help out during the event period.

Many thanks.

Please reply to

Postby Great! » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:12 pm

Thanks for posting it here. Will send in my name to volunteer for this one, hope I am not too late ;)