Singapore Expats

Few covid deaths this week

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Few covid deaths this week

Post by abbby » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 2:00 pm

They are the non-vaccinated ones..and some had no underlying problems and are rather young...58 yrs...quite scary hearing such news.

Please stay safe everyone..!
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Few covid deaths this week

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 4:05 pm

While I am saddened by the deaths, maybe their deaths will shake up all the other elders who've not been vaxxed yet. One can only hope their deaths were not in vain.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 10:44 am

Yes true enough...the ones who refuse to be vaccinated probably a wake up call.
Another 80 yr old lady died again..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 10:45 am

Wow quite a few deaths this week..probably the most numbers so far.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:24 pm

5 senior deaths (all unvaccinated) in 7 days. And it's going to continue, if not get worse, unless the roving teams can managed to talk them into it. As of yesterday only 68% of the 'total' population of Singapore is fully vaccinated. So much for 75~80% by Nat'l day. The numbers are going up for Oxygen requirements as well, with 42 requiring O2 and several in ICU.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:26 pm

What are the elderly reservations for not doing the vaccination? Underlying conditions..?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:46 pm

Underlying conditions, only around 6K of them. My wife was one. Tried to get her done back in April the first week opened to over 70's. Due to 3 drug allergies, Pfizer/Moderna were out. We finally got the go ahead a week ago. 2nd Jab on the 16th. The rest just illiterate or think too old, why worry, not realizing they can infect their children, grand and great-grand children if they catch it. Or in infected great-grandchild can transmit it to them, or their own vaccinated children who are careless about mask wearing even though vaxxed, can still transmit it to them (if they have serious underlying conditions it could still be just a bad).

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 3:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:46 pm
Underlying conditions, only around 6K of them. My wife was one. Tried to get her done back in April the first week opened to over 70's. Due to 3 drug allergies, Pfizer/Moderna were out. We finally got the go ahead a week ago. 2nd Jab on the 16th. The rest just illiterate or think too old, why worry, not realizing they can infect their children, grand and great-grand children if they catch it. Or in infected great-grandchild can transmit it to them, or their own vaccinated children who are careless about mask wearing even though vaxxed, can still transmit it to them (if they have serious underlying conditions it could still be just a bad).
There is some misinformation campaign going around about the dangers of Pfizer and Moderna. From the anecdotal evidence that I have, the group that's falling victim also wants sinovac. I guess you know what kind of conclusions I am suggesting.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 4:06 pm

Yep.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:26 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 09 Aug 2021 3:41 pm
Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:46 pm
There is some misinformation campaign going around about the dangers of Pfizer and Moderna. From the anecdotal evidence that I have, the group that's falling victim also wants sinovac. I guess you know what kind of conclusions I am suggesting.
Right. Really sad, honestly.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:27 am

Sat, 07 Aug 2021 4:05 pm
While I am saddened by the deaths, maybe their deaths will shake up all the other elders who've not been vaxxed yet. One can only hope their deaths were not in vain.
True. If nothing else, let their passing serve as a wake up call to the elderly who are still resistant to getting vaccinated.