Singapore Expats

PR working remotely for SG company

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
xweix

PR working remotely for SG company

Post by xweix » Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:30 am

Hi can i check if a SG PR based overseas e.g in Italy and she does not have a valid work pass in Italy, can she still work remotely for a singapore based company? Would it be illegal?

Appreciate all responses.

Thank you!

sonnabend

Re: PR working remotely for SG company

Post by sonnabend » Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:41 am

xweix wrote:
Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:30 am
Hi can i check if a SG PR based overseas e.g in Italy and she does not have a valid work pass in Italy, can she still work remotely for a singapore based company? Would it be illegal?

Thank you!
You will have to check with the Italian authority. Don't think you can even live in Italy for long term without a valid visa, let alone work.

xweix

Post by xweix » Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:58 am

sonnabend wrote:
Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:41 am
xweix wrote:
Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:30 am

Thank you!
You will have to check with the Italian authority. Don't think you can even live in Italy for long term without a valid visa, let alone work.
She's actually based in France, holding on to something like a DP. Therefore can stay long. But not sure if remote work for a SG company is ok. Any idea who should i check with? :-|

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Thu, 05 Aug 2021 1:33 pm

It is not illegal in Sg for a Sg Pr to work remotely overseas for a Sg based company but her time being non-resident may be counted against her when it comes to REP renewal.