Singapore Expats

Termination of iSwitch contract (Electricity Retailer)

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
BananZ

Termination of iSwitch contract (Electricity Retailer)

Post by BananZ » Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:36 pm

Has anyone here tried to terminate your electricity retailer's contract (specifically iSwitch) before?

Just wanted to know if I only have few days left on the contract, how much would be the penalty /charges for early termination?

I have checked, and also emailed them the following:
Understand that the formula is: 30% X Average of latest 2-month bills X Remaining number of months of contract.
Just wanted to confirm, since my moving date is 31 August 2021, and my contract end date will be on 3 Sept 2021, there are only 3 to 4 days differences.
If I terminate the plan and transfer it back to SP in the last week, and my monthly average charges are around $50, based on the formula, wouldn't it be just a few dollars charges?
Their reply saying that they can only do estimation, and the real amount will be on final bill.. (no direct answer)

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Termination of iSwitch contract (Electricity Retailer)

Post by abbby » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 2:01 pm

I don't think the penalty is a lot as it will be % and pro-rated from your past usage.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)