Singapore Expats

SJI student fell from great heights

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

SJI student fell from great heights

Post by abbby » Thu, 22 Jul 2021 9:39 pm

I just hope it's not deliberate...hope he recovers well..

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... e-15269200
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SJI student fell from great heights

Post by tiktok » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 9:53 pm

I have noticed the height of railings seems lower in Singapore than other countries. As someone relatively tall, it would be not hard to trip and fall over the edge in some malls and buildings.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Mon, 26 Jul 2021 9:17 am

That's a bloody good point, TT. Kitchen tops, wash basins, even doorway intercom systems seem to be lower in Singapore. A little inconvenient but no biggie.

But yeah, balcony railings are lower too. People who are taller than average can go over just from the skewed railing/body height equation here. You don't even need momentum; just leaning forward is enough to tumble beyond the point of no return.

With kids nowadays getting taller, I reckon they're going to have to adjust to this in a hurry.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:58 pm

tiktok wrote:
Sun, 25 Jul 2021 9:53 pm
I have noticed the height of railings seems lower in Singapore than other countries. As someone relatively tall, it would be not hard to trip and fall over the edge in some malls and buildings.
Doubt this was a problem in this case though, the kid was in Secondary 3, how tall could he have been? I hate to think it was intentional, but it certainly seems that way.