Singapore Expats

Singaporeans coming home?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 4:00 pm

VPN or IP address scrambler, perhaps? When I was living with my parents, my brother installed one so my IP address was always changing. When I was a forum admin (on another site), I once clicked my own name and saw a string of IP addresses to see which location it was tied to.
JWNYsg wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 1:18 am
- during the LTVP application I chose on behalf of my wife not to be eligible to work (is there a good or bad thing to it?)

- my wife and I do not have children. My wife is above 45 years of age. Would there be a strict requirement to have children for consideration?

- I submitted a certification of employment of my current employer. I started employment almost immediately after I landed. However ICA only asked for payslips or cpf contributions in Singapore locally. There was no option for me to submit details of my Thailand employment previously. Is this an issue?
1. It’s unclear. Even if you checked yes for PLOC, they will just send the PLOC to both your emails and the LTVP holder don’t have to “use” the PLOC until they get employed and show it to the employee. IMO, the PLOC is good to have on hand and it’s free anyway, might as well have it just in case.

2. Again, unclear. My husband and I have no children when we applied for and renewed my husband’s LTVP. Though we are of child bearing age which is different from your case.

3. Technically you could have attached a letter in your file. Eg. First page of the file is your SG employment letter, second page explaining you just started the job in SG so there’s no payslip yet. I tried that with my husband’s renewal when they asked for 6 months payslip but he only had 3 months on hand so I attached a letter explaining he just started his current job.

Though ICA might probably wait until the first month is up and ask you to upload the payslip? Not sure if there is an email for LTVP applications where you can send an email with an updated payslip.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by JWNYsg » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 5:08 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 4:00 pm
VPN or IP address scrambler, perhaps? When I was living with my parents, my brother installed one so my IP address was always changing. When I was a forum admin (on another site), I once clicked my own name and saw a string of IP addresses to see which location it was tied to.
JWNYsg wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 1:18 am
- during the LTVP application I chose on behalf of my wife not to be eligible to work (is there a good or bad thing to it?)

- my wife and I do not have children. My wife is above 45 years of age. Would there be a strict requirement to have children for consideration?

- I submitted a certification of employment of my current employer. I started employment almost immediately after I landed. However ICA only asked for payslips or cpf contributions in Singapore locally. There was no option for me to submit details of my Thailand employment previously. Is this an issue?
1. It’s unclear. Even if you checked yes for PLOC, they will just send the PLOC to both your emails and the LTVP holder don’t have to “use” the PLOC until they get employed and show it to the employee. IMO, the PLOC is good to have on hand and it’s free anyway, might as well have it just in case.

2. Again, unclear. My husband and I have no children when we applied for and renewed my husband’s LTVP. Though we are of child bearing age which is different from your case.

3. Technically you could have attached a letter in your file. Eg. First page of the file is your SG employment letter, second page explaining you just started the job in SG so there’s no payslip yet. I tried that with my husband’s renewal when they asked for 6 months payslip but he only had 3 months on hand so I attached a letter explaining he just started his current job.

Though ICA might probably wait until the first month is up and ask you to upload the payslip? Not sure if there is an email for LTVP applications where you can send an email with an updated payslip.
Thanks MOCHS for your supportive reply. I guess I have to wait it out.

There is an email you can write to them, it’s the generic one for LTVP. I attached some additional documents in the email and quoted ICA’s reference in it (whatever further documents I thought would be supportive of her application)

They have replied and said it will be passed on for assessment. Can only hope for the best now.

Appreciate all the helpful replies and kindly keep my wife’s application process in your prayers. Thank you

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by JWNYsg » Fri, 30 Dec 2022 4:02 pm

Hi everyone,

thank you for all your kind assistance. LTVP+ was approved in March this year for 3 years

so far, we've been back a year. Everything seems well

we've been legally married since 2017 and the foreign certificate is lodged with ROM

Is there a period we should wait out before applying for Singapore PR for her?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 31 Dec 2022 1:30 am

JWNYsg wrote:
Fri, 30 Dec 2022 4:02 pm
Hi everyone,

thank you for all your kind assistance. LTVP+ was approved in March this year for 3 years

so far, we've been back a year. Everything seems well

we've been legally married since 2017 and the foreign certificate is lodged with ROM

Is there a period we should wait out before applying for Singapore PR for her?
Congrats!

2 years

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by JWNYsg » Tue, 19 Sep 2023 8:12 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 31 Dec 2022 1:30 am
JWNYsg wrote:
Fri, 30 Dec 2022 4:02 pm
Hi everyone,

thank you for all your kind assistance. LTVP+ was approved in March this year for 3 years

so far, we've been back a year. Everything seems well

we've been legally married since 2017 and the foreign certificate is lodged with ROM

Is there a period we should wait out before applying for Singapore PR for her?
Congrats!

2 years
Hi Lisa,

Can I kindly get your thoughts on this?

I submitted a PR application in Feb 22. All went quiet till a week ago. ICA asked for documents such as my marriage cert and legal name change (my wife took my surname) after marriage.

The snag I have is her birth certificate. She’s not been home for years and may have difficulty getting a new or copy of this. I marked it as “do not have this document”

Do you think this could be a major dealbreaker? Thai embassy can’t do much from here.

Just seeking your thoughts.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 21 Sep 2023 1:03 pm

Doubt it's a major dealbreaker, they still have all her other documents, including passport, no?

I suggest looking to see if you can retrieve a copy, and if not, write into the ICA personally, to clarify your situation. That is your best bet.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 22 Sep 2023 11:12 am

There have been applicants on this forum who mentioned they cannot locate the original birth certificate. Whether the PR was approved, I cannot recall.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 23 Sep 2023 1:41 pm

Even with those that were rejected, it's unclear if the reason was due to missing birth certificates.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by JWNYsg » Sun, 05 Nov 2023 3:16 pm

Guys I had to fly my wife back to get certified true copies of her birth certificate documents. I just received her IPA. Thanks all for your assistance

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 05 Nov 2023 9:10 pm

Congrats!

Can I clarify that she had to fly back to Thailand to get certified true copy of her birth cert in the end? What made you change your mind since you indicated in a previous post that you didn’t have the document?

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Singaporeans coming home?

Post by JWNYsg » Sun, 05 Nov 2023 10:40 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Sun, 05 Nov 2023 9:10 pm
Congrats!

Can I clarify that she had to fly back to Thailand to get certified true copy of her birth cert in the end? What made you change your mind since you indicated in a previous post that you didn’t have the document?
I had a discussion with others like my scenario. They told me to get it done. Abit costly and time consuming as she has to do it in her province. You cannot do it centrally from Bangkok for example.

We had to get certified true copies of these documents. Apparently you can get it done for a fee (which I didn’t know)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests