Singapore Expats

Navigating quaruntine & LTVP

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Navigating quaruntine & LTVP

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 12:31 pm

Why do you think you should be treated any differently than anybody else coming here in the same situation. If you don't you run the risk of being turned around and sent home and losing your job as well. THAT is expensive. Takes all kinds, especially considering you are attempting all this with covid as well. Sure not the type of employee I would hire.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 3:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 12:31 pm
Why do you think you should be treated any differently than anybody else coming here in the same situation. If you don't you run the risk of being turned around and sent home and losing your job as well. THAT is expensive. Takes all kinds, especially considering you are attempting all this with covid as well. Sure not the type of employee I would hire.
Even when you’re coming here to start a job? He’s already been employed. Surely that must be different to someone that’s coming to job hunt/chance their arm?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 4:53 pm

Sunjackal wrote:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 3:40 pm
He’s already been employed.
Not exactly true. The condition of this employment is IF he has both LTVP granted and the PLOC. He does not have both at the moment which is a risk.

Since SG has opened up the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to a few countries, just buy a one-way ticket to Brunei maybe? Scoot is also one of the designated VTL airlines for flights to Germany. See which ticket is cheaper.

One really should not take the risk. ICA can be very firm, if they want to.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 4:09 am

That’s fair, I suppose. I do feel that as he is the spouse of a SC, he is less likely to face issues. But I concede the point that it’s probably better to play it safe.

Sometimes I forget that just because I had a particularly good stroke of luck throughout the course of my proceedings that it’s unlikely to be the same for everyone.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 6:59 am

Sunjackal wrote:
Fri, 15 Oct 2021 4:09 am
I do feel that as he is the spouse of a SC, he is less likely to face issues.
Nope again. Male or female spouse of a SC, ICA will still scrutinise thoroughly. There has never been a guarantee that foreign spouses will get LTVP upon marriage. It’s a chance we have to take. Even this guy is a spouse of a SC, still couldn’t get LTVP.

But yes, all applications differ from person to person. What works for one may not work for another.

ashtag06

Post by ashtag06 » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you for your concern everyone. I have taken the no risk approach and booked a flight ticket back to London as a precaution. In years gone by I would have booked a bus ticket to Malaysia, but that obviously isn't an option atm.

I think that should be me ok now. Just have to hope I can get my LTVP ok.

In regard to applying for my LTVP, I know it's going to ask for my spouse to provide details of her CPF contributions and tax for the past 3 years - although she has been in the UK in this time. She has a new job lined up and has the contract for that. Any ideas what we should submit when it asks for CPF and SG Tax contributions?

ashtag06

Post by ashtag06 » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 9:48 pm

Quick update - I landed and entered SG today.

Absolutely no issues, in fact very smooth. At London Heathrow, the airline staff were very thorough with looking at all the documents and took about 20 minutes to understand Singapore's requirements which they said were the longest of any country. Nonetheless, when I got to Changi immigration I went straight through after showing my VTL, pre departure PCR test result and the Trace Together app.

Zero questions about when or how I was leaving, why I was here etc. So I will file for my LTVP tomorrow and hope for the best!

Thanks for your help everyone.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 12:55 am

ashtag06 wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 9:44 pm

Absolutely no issues, in fact very smooth. At London Heathrow, the airline staff were very thorough with looking at all the documents and took about 20 minutes to understand Singapore's requirements which they said were the longest of any country. Nonetheless, when I got to Changi immigration I went straight through after showing my VTL, pre departure PCR test result and the Trace Together app.

Zero questions about when or how I was leaving, why I was here etc. So I will file for my LTVP tomorrow and hope for the best!

Good to hear that it went without a hassle and you’re safe.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 8:15 am

ashtag06 wrote:
Fri, 29 Oct 2021 8:10 pm
Any ideas what we should submit when it asks for CPF and SG Tax contributions?
For Tax, there is a form both of you have to sign that you agree to ICA communicating with IRAS to verify the tax stuff.

As for CPF, well, maybe wait and see what are the documents ICA will request for. Each application will have different documents to submit.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Fri, 05 Nov 2021 2:43 am

ashtag06 wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 9:48 pm

Welcome (back) to Singapore!

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Sat, 27 Nov 2021 11:31 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences guys. I will also share mine once I apply for the LTVP for my foreign spouse

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:25 am

JWNYsg wrote:
Sat, 27 Nov 2021 11:31 pm
Thank you for sharing your experiences guys. I will also share mine once I apply for the LTVP for my foreign spouse
Where is your spouse from? Thailand? Best of luck.