Singapore Expats

Forwarding services for furniture (from US/Australia)

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
clairengxy

Forwarding services for furniture (from US/Australia)

Post by clairengxy » Wed, 14 Jul 2021 9:46 pm

Does anyone have recommendations for reliable forwarding services that can ship bulky item (e.g. sofa/dining set) from the US/Australia to Singapore? Ideally looking for a service that is reasonably priced, easy to use and ensures that items are packed delivered safely.

A friend has recommended vPost as they have an insurance option for higher ticket items. Has anyone here used them before and have any good/bad feedback? Please share!

This one here: https://vpost.com/sg/

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Forwarding services for furniture (from US/Australia)

Post by abbby » Thu, 15 Jul 2021 4:22 pm

I don't think ppl here use vpost to send furniture items. Only mails and packages.

You might want to check for global freight companies like Tiger, Allied Pickfords for your furniture items to be shipped.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

clairengxy

Post by clairengxy » Sat, 17 Jul 2021 9:19 pm

Thanks for the recommendations! Shall do some research on them. In the meantime i managed to try out vPost to forward some of my smaller shopping items over from the US. Will update if they are any good!

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Tue, 07 Sep 2021 11:23 am

I used Anglo Pacific/Allied Pickford.

I’ve received all of my air freighted items, including an expensive PC, Stokke crib/high chair. All without issues.

Waiting for the shipping to arrive still - but there’s global delays so not holding my breath.

I was recommended to use a firm based in SG called Asian Tigers but they quoted me at over twice the price of Anglo Pacific.