In the last 3 months a new tenant has moved into the unit directly below mine. Since they have moved in I've to put up with 1 of 2 things 6 to 7 days a week and basically got no sleep:
1. Party start at 8/9/10pm and goes non-stop until even beyond 7am. Noise issues include music, shouting on balcony, screaming, banging walls, singing, etc.
2. If they go to work (KTV workers), they have a dog so that will bark all night until about 5am when they come home from KTV work (where the party starts again until 8am).
Ear plugs don't have much effect against this and one shouldn't have to wear ear plugs when I need to hear alarm because I've meetings start 6am most days.
Day time you never hear a thing from them...clearly they are sleeping until 5pm when they go to their "office".
Things I've done to try resolve the issue:
1. Talk to the tenant in a reasonable manner when they are making the noise. Instead they scream back at me.
2. Call condo
Security. After Security visit them, they deny it is them.
3. Send email to Condo Management with full details of the incident, including times, description of disturbance, videos, photos and audio recordings. Management have sent emails and stamped letters to Tenant, they never reply.
4. Called Police 1800 255 0000 after about 2 hours of constant noise...at times not just midnight, 2am, 4am. Person on the phone advises next unit will be there in 30 minutes. However noise continues until early hours.
I ask Security the next day and they say they were expecting Police (Security ask me to call Police) but never see Police come. I therefore call back to Police hotline asking for clarification but never heard back.
5. Lodged Police Reports online with full written details like dates, times, exact details of each incident, etc. Receive email back within 24 hours notifying of the assigned Police Officer, never hear back from Police.
I asked a number of people I know in Singapore about this. Apparently nothing can do about noise, Police will never attend, instead I need to mention some safety issue like fall off balcony.
However this noise is extremely loud and other units in the condo complain about this noisy unit too so it's not just me impacted by noise.
What could be my possible next steps to have:
1. The noisy dog removed?
2. The tenant made to stop making loud noise after 10pm or midnight, not clear on what the law says about this. Possible I've to go mediation (I know they won't attend) or could I move on to State Courts to have an Injunction issued under the Community Disputes Resolution Act?
Open to any options you may have to reduce the noise