divopab505 wrote: ↑
Sun, 11 Jul 2021 1:44 pm
- If tenancy agreement amended after stamp, is it still valid? Do owner has to do stamping again?
- Can owner amend directly on the scanned version of previously stamped tenancy agreement? There are a lots of crossing and signing fields in the amended TA, including payment methods and length of staying period.
- How long can the owner do stamping on the amended TA after the signing date? Would it be expired or invalidated after a certain period?
Sorry for the long questions and thanks in advance.
I am not sure if I understand...
1) any amendment to the agreement would need endorsement of all the parties of the agreement to be valid.
2) if the documents are for a new agreement and specifically the duration is changed or the rent is changed, this will affect the stamp duty. Specifically, if you mean the landlord altered the TA of the old lease and just tried to make a new lease using the same documents then this is a new document that requires new stamp fees.
3) If you mean, the TA was a new one, stamp duty was paid, but you both agreed on some changes not affecting the rent and duration figures, then I don't think new stamp duty need to be paid.
4) The stamp duty has to be paid within 14 days after the agreement is executed.