Has anyone done a comparison of Bupa, Cigna and Allianz for international health insurance plans? Have a friend who is choosing between these (expensive) individual expat plans.
- Bupa and Cigna are the gold standard. Allianz service is good globally but has some issues here.
- Bupa is the only plan that lets an expat take a domestic health insurance plan in their home country if they return or retire there, with no new medical underwriting.
- Bupa has excellent service, but is a pain on pre-existing conditions and exclusions. One tiny issue and they give you a permanent exclusion that is very broad (ex. covers entire body).
- Bupa and Allianz have broad networks so you do not pay out of pocket. Cigna customers have to reimburse, though they process payments quickly to make up.
- Cigna offers an unlimited coverage platinum plan, but the premium is much higher than anything else you wonder how many major surgeries you would need to use it.
- All of them offer dental riders that are expensive and have cap, you wonder if you should pay for your own dental work out of pocket. (Similar thought to outpatient coverage, should you just self-insure for that, as this would double your insurance premium.)
- Is the international medical evacuation / repatriation rider worth getting or is this an overlap with travel insurance? No information on this question.
- Are the companies generally good and you should just go with who gives you no exclusions or loadings?
Does anyone have experience comparing or know where to look for feedback from people who have used them?
SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 10 Replies
- 2774 Views
Last post by Lisafuller
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:24 pm
- 33 Replies
- 5559 Views
Last post by malcontent
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:23 pm
- 2 Replies
- 1253 Views
Last post by Strong Eagle
Tue, 27 Aug 2019 9:32 pm
- 7 Replies
- 3843 Views
Last post by Nancy__Fancy
Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:34 pm
- 17 Replies
- 4848 Views
Last post by kim.crest
Wed, 24 Feb 2021 6:16 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests