PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
greatheight
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 8:38 pm

PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by greatheight » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 9:01 pm

Hey All,
Please assess my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks!

Age: 34
Race: Indian
Nationality:India
Education 1: Bachelors of Technology 2004-08
Occupation: Regional Manager, FAANG companiy
Salary: 210k (160+50) including bonus
Total Experience : 13 years
Pass Type: E pass Since Apr 2013
Been in Singapore since Apr 2013
Previously PR applied - None

Marital Status : Married in SG

Spouse- 30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: China
Previously on SP for 6 years.Currently on DP no longer working

Kid: girl born in SG(<1 age)
Race: Chinese
Nationality: China

Looking forward to your valuable advice on what are our chances for PR, planning to apply in August

TIA. :P :P

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3425
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 09 Jul 2021 12:47 pm

greatheight wrote:
Thu, 08 Jul 2021 9:01 pm
Hey All,
Please assess my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks!

Age: 34
Race: Indian
Nationality:India
Education 1: Bachelors of Technology 2004-08
Occupation: Regional Manager, FAANG companiy
Salary: 210k (160+50) including bonus
Total Experience : 13 years
Pass Type: E pass Since Apr 2013
Been in Singapore since Apr 2013
Previously PR applied - None

Marital Status : Married in SG

Spouse- 30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: China
Previously on SP for 6 years.Currently on DP no longer working

Kid: girl born in SG(<1 age)
Race: Chinese
Nationality: China

Looking forward to your valuable advice on what are our chances for PR, planning to apply in August

TIA. :P :P
Chance will be low, but have a try.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sp786 » Fri, 09 Jul 2021 1:24 pm

No one knows the criteria for approval so not sure how posting your personal details here would help? The PR agencies btw are big time frauds, they speak as though they are privy to some ICA criteria for approval but to be honest SG PR approval process is ethnicity quota based and within each quota works like lottery. I've seen tremendous profiles getting rejected but mediocre ones and older ones being approved. Don't waste time procrastinating , just go ahead apply and see what happens. Oh moreover don't bother about social integration, donating blood or even a kidney none of this matters. If you notice for new Citizens SG has an integration program but just to get PR don't believe the hype about social integration because that is a two way road and there is no way to prove it or quantify it.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Jul 2021 11:18 pm

^^^^Dickhead
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

sonnabend
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 1:45 am

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sonnabend » Fri, 09 Jul 2021 11:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 09 Jul 2021 11:18 pm
^^^^Dickhead
He/she must be new to the forum, or probably got his own PR rejected that's why he's being so sour :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Jul 2021 11:56 pm

He just was asking for help and got pretty good response for his housing issue, so it kind of took me aback. However, after 17 years on this board, I've seen my fair share of those 'one-kind' of individuals. And as you all know, I tend to call a spade a spade. ;-)
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sp786 » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 12:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 09 Jul 2021 11:18 pm
^^^^Dickhead
That word would suit who assess profiles on internet forums as though they are ICA officers. :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 1:56 pm

Nobody here does that. We only express our opinions based on the collective data from this site and 2nd party anecdotal evidence. You, on the other hand are acting like a one-kind dickhead. Got what you were looking for (via the same method) and then try to piss on the giver. It's no wonder Singaporeans hate your kind.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sp786 » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 2:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 10 Jul 2021 1:56 pm
Nobody here does that. We only express our opinions based on the collective data from this site and 2nd party anecdotal evidence. You, on the other hand are acting like a one-kind dickhead. Got what you were looking for (via the same method) and then try to piss on the giver. It's no wonder Singaporeans hate your kind.
That is the same basis on which i expressed my opinion as well and you now speak about hating my kind, namecalling dickhead and what not? Sure i can understand your frustration for calling out Charlatans (probably you're of that kind fooling around expats here because i advised ahainst PR consultancies and you feel so wounded for that) and by the way my kind is not looking for any love but just guidance on practical issues from practical people and i do thank useful guidances. My first response was to the original poster and not you :lol:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 6:27 pm

You obviously haven't done much research on this board if you think I'm pro-consultancies. That was as about the only thing you said 100% correct. But with only 7 posts getting what YOU wanted and then telling others who are asking for help to not waste their time here for all intents and purposes is just not done. You haven't established any street cred here. I hate all who come on here and diss what we do without any facts of their on and only take from this site. We get a lot who are just takers and that is to be expected, but rarely to we get pissers as well.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sp786 » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 9:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 10 Jul 2021 6:27 pm
You obviously haven't done much research on this board if you think I'm pro-consultancies. That was as about the only thing you said 100% correct. But with only 7 posts getting what YOU wanted and then telling others who are asking for help to not waste their time here for all intents and purposes is just not done. You haven't established any street cred here. I hate all who come on here and diss what we do without any facts of their on and only take from this site. We get a lot who are just takers and that is to be expected, but rarely to we get pissers as well.
As i said before i spoke out of my experience including those with my acquaintances, reading most threads here and my personal conversations with agents themselves in response to the OP's question on assessment of profile. We can agree to disagree but you cant just lowball anyone just because you are supposedly a moderator. That only destroys credibility of a moderator. So you can stop the wayang now and i'll just continue to share my opinions where applicable. If you're going to issues "passes" to who can post and who cannot then you are no different than the fringe groups outside hurling abuses at others who are new to their place while ironically naming the forum as expats forum.

MOCHS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:15 pm

786, it’s your blanket statement that “ICA does not care about integration because myself and my friends who have tremendous profiles didn’t get PR” is not credible. You and your sample size of friends would be less than 50 compared to the hundreds of people who posted on this forum over the years detailing their profile.

ICA can secretly follow an applicant for proof of integration, if they want to. I won’t be surprised about that.

It has always be known that high income has never been a guarantee of getting a PR because an individual is likely to parachute to another country if given an opportunity with a higher pay bump.

Conversely, a Kopitiam auntie/uncle
who interacts with everyday folk in their line of work for years and even if they don’t have high pay checks, I find them more deserving to get PR compared to those who assume and expect things to be handed to them just because they have a “tremendous profile”.

It has also been well documented that volunteering or donations are abused to death by a certain group of applicants. Of course ICA will be cautious.

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by smoulder » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:24 pm

His statement went further to talk about how there is this integration program for new citizens whereas they don't have it for PRs.

Actually, my wife has been through the new citizen program and I don't think anyone in their right mind would call it an integration program. They can't make you integrate and you cannot integrate just by going through a short program after they approve your citizenship application.

I think the intent is quite different. It seems more about familiarizing new citizens with important symbols and institutions related to the state.

Integration, meanwhile, is a pre requisite to be given the privilege of citizenship. How do they figure it out - there are obvious clues right in the form itself and what is really an unknown is how they figure these things outside of the application form. But I wouldn't be surprised what lengths they would go to so that they can find out what's outside of the form.

So basically, the onus for integrating and proving it in meaningful ways is on the applicant. At least, that's how they've set it up in this country.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:30 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by sp786 » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:28 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:15 pm
786, it’s your blanket statement that “ICA does not care about integration because myself and my friends who have tremendous profiles didn’t get PR” is not credible. You and your sample size of friends would be less than 50 compared to the hundreds of people who posted on this forum over the years detailing their profile.

ICA can secretly follow an applicant for proof of integration, if they want to. I won’t be surprised about that.

It has always be known that high income has never been a guarantee of getting a PR because an individual is likely to parachute to another country if given an opportunity with a higher pay bump.

Conversely, a Kopitiam auntie/uncle
who interacts with everyday folk in their line of work for years and even if they don’t have high pay checks, I find them more deserving to get PR compared to those who assume and expect things to be handed to them just because they have a “tremendous profile”.
Nope I, did not say that explicitly or implicitly. I made reference to PR agencies that highlight these without realizing it is a way that can be gamed easily and based on most people i know who've gotten PRs from the limited number you say, none of them have done whatsoever donations or social service or anything else. Preferable majority group with high salary young age all of which this forum has usually assessed as high have been rejected among my acquaintances while others (non majority)with an average profile have gotten it approved sometimes in first attempt. For example see the assessments made by moderators and "experts" here on various profiles and you would notice these:
viewtopic.php?t=138409
viewtopic.php?t=138724&sid=5794547d1633 ... 2&start=15


1. Cover letter is of no use
2. Social service and donations etc are of no use
3. Do not submit anything more than what ICA has asked for in e-PR
4. Reputation of University and how High Fi literate you are
4. Many threads here speak about industry and higher salary as well one group says you're salary is too low while another says your salary is too high so ICA would think you wont stay back.
5. Ethnicity Quota matters and within that quota assessments in this forums and by PR agencies too are made based on the uni you graduate from , age and salary you draw nothing else.

You folks get so perturbed by me restating this based on my own interactions means you truly believe these assessment experts know what is privy to ICA.
These assessments are no more than corridor talks of casual interests as ICA does not reveal the criteria or have points system like AU or CA where it is pretty transparent. If you want search responses to all threads asking for similar PR profile assessment and see how the opinions in there differs from what i've cited above.

Fun Fact, ICA PR website itself states this

"NOTE: ICA takes into account factors such as the individual's family ties to Singaporeans, economic contributions, qualifications, age, family profile and length of residency, to assess the applicant's ability to contribute to Singapore and integrate into our society, as well as his or her commitment to sinking roots."

And the last sentence means they assess all things said in first part to assess "ability" to integrate and contribute and not the extent of integration itself.

MOCHS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCE- Mixed couple

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 10 Jul 2021 11:40 pm

Mate, you need to carefully re-read what you wrote which was why the responses towards you have been unfavourable.
I've seen tremendous profiles getting rejected but mediocre ones and older ones being approved.
What other way can this be read other than “My friends should be approved but they didn’t and the ‘lousier’ ones got approved. How can it be liek dis?1!1!”
Oh moreover don't bother about social integration
but just to get PR don't believe the hype about social integration because that is a two way road and there is no way to prove it or quantify it.
You were the one that was harping about applicants should not care about social integration and now you’re blaming immigration agencies and also blaming the mods of for their inaccurate assessments? Make up your mind.

No one in this topic even disagreed that these so called “immigration experts” are scams. The mods on this forum have always discouraged using agencies. You were falsely accusing that sms supports agencies.

The mods have never claimed they were immigration experts in the first place. This is just an expat forum to share one’s experience in the immigration process. This place collects stories and outcomes so people know what they can expect when they apply for PR. While the mods aren’t ICA staff or immigration experts, they have seen many anecdotes over the years and to guesstimate the success rate. That is all. No where in the forum does it say that if the mod says good chance of success, that means you’ll get PR. You’re just somehow taking out your anger on them because the outcome wasn’t in your favour.

You need to proofread more and restructure your paragraphs before posting because your first reply literally said applicants with tremendous profiles deserve better and social integration is a myth. What reaction were you expecting with the gibberish you were spouting? That’s why people took offence. Because you spouted blatant lies.

So in short, you’re just unhappy the mods said an applicant should be successful but the reality was otherwise?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bro75, tpa and 7 guests