Singapore Expats

Newborn Child SPR Application Pending - Citizenship application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sportyygurl88

Newborn Child SPR Application Pending - Citizenship application

Post by Sportyygurl88 » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 12:16 pm

Hello!
(1) Anyone applied for child SPR and is still pending?
My newborn SPR application pending since October last year. Emailed and called ICA also just mentioned status is pending and the application has been taking longer due to the pandemic.

(2) As an SPR family, we intend to apply for citizenship in few days. Should I include an application for the child who is still on a long-term pass instead of SPR?

(3) Any success stories for citizenship when applied together as a family despite child only on the long-term pass for now?
by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 1:20 pm
I would apply and also include the child on the application as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Go to full post

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Newborn Child SPR Application Pending - Citizenship application

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 1:20 pm

I would apply and also include the child on the application as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

buggycode

Post by buggycode » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 10:20 am

I applied PR last Nov for a newborn son and approved Jun. Under mom who lived in Singapore 14y+.

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:00 am

Yes. you should apply for SC as a family unit. I was in the same situation as you - Applied PR for my kid when she was born - PR rejected after 6 months. I then applied for Citizenship for myself and her - Both were successful. At the same time, i applied PR for my wife (who was on LTVP) - PR was granted to her couple of months after our SC was approved.

I guess the Government was sending me a message by rejecting my kid's PR application. Message was well received :)

terran

Post by terran » Tue, 27 Jul 2021 4:49 pm

lot286 wrote:
Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:00 am
Yes. you should apply for SC as a family unit. I was in the same situation as you - Applied PR for my kid when she was born - PR rejected after 6 months. I then applied for Citizenship for myself and her - Both were successful. At the same time, i applied PR for my wife (who was on LTVP) - PR was granted to her couple of months after our SC was approved.

I guess the Government was sending me a message by rejecting my kid's PR application. Message was well received :)

how long did you wait for your citizenship application to be approved?

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Tue, 27 Jul 2021 5:39 pm

10 months... (applied in 2016)..

RaveXP

Post by RaveXP » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 5:40 pm

lot286 wrote:

Hi, I am wondering, my newborn child(boy) is now applying for PR. I also want to apply for SC. so issit okay to apply for SC when my son isn't a PR and my wife is on LTVP?

Profile : 29 y/o Malaysian Chinese working as FnB manager earning 4k a month. Wife is also FnB Manager earning 4.2k a month. Son born this year May at KKH in Singapore.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 8:06 pm

RaveXP wrote:
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 5:40 pm
lot286 wrote:

Hi, I am wondering, my newborn child(boy) is now applying for PR. I also want to apply for SC. so issit okay to apply for SC when my son isn't a PR and my wife is on LTVP?

Profile : 29 y/o Malaysian Chinese working as FnB manager earning 4k a month. Wife is also FnB Manager earning 4.2k a month. Son born this year May at KKH in Singapore.
Yes, you can apply SC for yourself and your son. No issues.
For your wife, you need to apply for PR first.

RaveXP

Post by RaveXP » Wed, 01 Sep 2021 9:41 am

Hi so I just need to choose the option applying with children only? meaning my wife needs to wait for 2 years before she can apply citizen as well?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 01 Sep 2021 11:01 am

RaveXP wrote:
Wed, 01 Sep 2021 9:41 am
Hi so I just need to choose the option applying with children only? meaning my wife needs to wait for 2 years before she can apply citizen as well?
Your wife needs to be PR for 2 years to apply for SC. Your kid can directly join in your SC application.