Singapore Expats

Why do some people prefer sinovac?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: Why do some people prefer sinovac?

Post by sp786 » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 5:58 pm

Now these bunch would say aaah sinovac inactivated virus so safe ah ... but china is now working with biontech to develop its own mRNA vaccine so when that comes wait and watch if the same happens then no wonder it is...... :-"

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 7:44 pm

Only baby formula from China is safe too :roll: ](*,)
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 8:04 pm

The old Melamine ruse!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:00 pm

I’ve noticed the new generation of mainlanders are becoming more and more brainwashed. The ones I spoke to 20 years ago had less illusions.

One surefire test - ask them whether Taiwan is part of China. Someone truly brainwashed will perk up and say YES resolutely, and may even give me a look, like, how could I even ask?

I then ask, well if that is true, then why does China keep talking about reunification, by force if necessary? They usually try to dismiss that as being besides the point.

I then try to suggest that they might have it all backwards, that China is actually part of Taiwan, Republic of China.

It is great fun!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:00 pm

Here you go from their own magazine SCMP

https://amp-scmp-com.cdn.ampproject.org ... novac-turn

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:04 pm

People flocking to ‘older and trusted’ technology, like those products were not the target of the same anti-vaxxers over the last decade…

The virus evolves rapidly to overcome vaccines, as China and Thailand have shown - rendering the older tech obsolete.

These people still can’t see the virus causing all this damage in front of their face, not understanding that the floodgates for infection/ transmission is going to blow wide open and they are going to be caught with an inferior vaccine or none at all…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:33 pm

Need a way to make vaccines more broad spectrum… so that any future mutation or variation is preempted. Should be easy!

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:18 pm

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:33 pm
Need a way to make vaccines more broad spectrum… so that any future mutation or variation is preempted. Should be easy!
Absolutely... the anti-vaxxers in the USA are way ahead of you...

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 01 Sep 2021 7:59 am

sp786 wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:00 pm
Here you go from their own magazine SCMP

https://amp-scmp-com.cdn.ampproject.org ... novac-turn
SCMP is a Hong Kong based media outlet. They seem to be owned by Alibaba now, but their DNA is from HK. The way the editorials are written, makes it sound like they are apart from China.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 01 Sep 2021 9:11 am

malcontent wrote:Need a way to make vaccines more broad spectrum… so that any future mutation or variation is preempted. Should be easy!
Most vaccines are designed to work against the vast majority of strains that are known to exist during development.

What we see are completely new variants (flu) or ‘escape’ mutants that have evolved to get away from the primed immune response.

When COVID vaccine development was going on, the main targets would be the dominant forms circulating.

A lot of this we have to thank for DNA sequencing tech to be more affordable than it was 10 years ago…otherwise we’d still be left with <80% efficacy vaccines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Fri, 03 Sep 2021 2:03 pm

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:00 pm
I’ve noticed the new generation of mainlanders are becoming more and more brainwashed. The ones I spoke to 20 years ago had less illusions.

One surefire test - ask them whether Taiwan is part of China. Someone truly brainwashed will perk up and say YES resolutely, and may even give me a look, like, how could I even ask?

I then ask, well if that is true, then why does China keep talking about reunification, by force if necessary? They usually try to dismiss that as being besides the point.

I then try to suggest that they might have it all backwards, that China is actually part of Taiwan, Republic of China.

It is great fun!
Rather then brainwashed, it more on how their history book written.

Many years back, my friend told me, some Japanese youngsters believe that Japan start WWII is to free Asia from colonization. Nanjing massacre never happen. It is a made-out story.
When they went oversea, they are shock.

Like Singapore history text book, Singapore is kick out by Malaysia

Malaysia text book, Singapore want to leave Malaysia.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Sat, 04 Sep 2021 12:18 am

My mainland friends from 20 years ago had the same flawed textbooks, but they seemed to know better… one close friend even told me sincerely that he had been brainwashed, he said he liked this English term “wash the brain” because it is really true, according to him, they were really indoctrinated and not just told what to think, but how to think! This new generation, I can tell you, they have much more patriotic zeal - and unlike a generation ago, they are not even aware they are brainwashed - they truly believe it is the undeniable truth… and anyone who doesn’t believe it is just in denial. Of course not everyone is like this… but many more than last time!