Singapore Expats

Why do some people prefer sinovac?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Why do some people prefer sinovac?

Post by abbby » Tue, 06 Jul 2021 6:25 pm

Why is that so..?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: Why do some people prefer sinovac?

Post by smoulder » Tue, 06 Jul 2021 7:52 pm

Sinophiles. As stated in another thread.

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Tue, 06 Jul 2021 9:31 pm

Why do some people like Trump?
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 3:12 pm

Why do some people act like resident trolls?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 5:17 pm

This is going to make the protagonists of Sinovac really mad....

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... 8-15172038

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 5:29 pm

My comment was serious, SMS. The level of idiocy is equivalent in both groups of people.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 6:48 pm

If your comment had been serious, you wouldn't have singled out only one party. You are rather transparent. Sorry.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:58 pm

What party? Republicans? Most republicans can't stand Trump.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 10:20 pm

tiktok wrote:
Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:58 pm
Most republicans love trump. They'd see the country's democratic process go down the drain just to get him back in office. And it is elected republican office holders that continue to spew and repeat the lie that the election was "stolen".

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 11:44 pm

Trump is too liberal and populist (heck, he used to be a democrat). Pence would be great.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 8:41 am

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Wed, 07 Jul 2021 10:20 pm
tiktok wrote:
Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:58 pm
Most republicans love trump. They'd see the country's democratic process go down the drain just to get him back in office. And it is elected republican office holders that continue to spew and repeat the lie that the election was "stolen".
Exactly, their obsession with Trump is one that outweighs their love for their country. They’d do anything he says, even if it’s injecting yourself with disinfectant.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 11:47 am

I am a staunch conservative, which actually aligns well with many Singapore policies.

The Dems and many Reps are far too liberal for my taste, sure the Dems are worse, but just on fiscal matters alone, they are both guilty of running huge deficits and now have run up the national debt beyond the entire national GDP. This is something that has never been done in peacetime history. They are getting away with it because interest rates are so low, but once rates normalize… look out. Even slapping a 90% tax on the wealthy isn’t gonna make a dent. Eventually, printing money is the only way to service the debt, and hyperinflation is almost certainly where this ends… once they print too much.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 12:24 pm

Central spending and taxes are just one side of the story. You cannot ignore the atrocious, inhumane US health care system, the mess of overseas entanglements, world leading levels of student debt, disfunctional public schools, a hugely inefficient and ineffective correctional system, and that's just for starters. As much as you might hate Obama at least he tried to solve most of these problems. It's a complicated situation with no easy fixes. On the other hand, Trump is easy to understand - a narcissistic moron.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 12:37 pm

Back to the original topic - why do some prefer sinovac?

I know we all want to believe patriotism is driving it, and that might be true for a very small minority, but in most cases it is either -

1. Unfounded fear about the safety of mRNA technology, as it was well reported in the news that China is running a misinformation campaign to suggest that.

2. Unfounded belief that China only recognizes sinovac for travel to China, so those who want to or plan to fly there will opt for this vaccine. China has said they will make it easier to enter for those with sinovac, but I don’t believe they have defined what “easier” actually means.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Thu, 08 Jul 2021 1:16 pm

tiktok wrote:
Thu, 08 Jul 2021 12:24 pm
Central spending and taxes are just one side of the story. You cannot ignore the atrocious, inhumane US health care system, the mess of overseas entanglements, world leading levels of student debt, disfunctional public schools, a hugely inefficient and ineffective correctional system, and that's just for starters. As much as you might hate Obama at least he tried to solve most of these problems. It's a complicated situation with no easy fixes. On the other hand, Trump is easy to understand - a narcissistic moron.
First of all, I don’t hate anyone.

I think Obama is a nice guy, but I don’t agree with many of his policies.

I don’t think Trump is a nice guy, but I agree with more of his policies.

One of the policies that I strongly disagree with is Obamacare. Even Medicare for all would be better.

I know about this intimately because I helped my brother sign up for it (he had no choice, or he would have had to pay the penalty), and I saw first hand how messed up it was.

My brother is low income and shouldn’t have had to pay a single cent. True enough, the government gave him a tax credit to cover the cost of Obamacare… but anytime they suspected there was even a chance that he might be eligible for some other type of coverage, they would just kick him off and he went uninsured. Several times I had to intervene and spent hours on the phone trying to rectify issues that the government created - it was almost like they designed it to employ people to just go around in circles without any sense at all. Several times my brother had to pay the penalty through no fault of his own, and it wasn’t cheap. For the times he was on Obamacare, the government paid about $6k+ for his coverage, and to be perfectly honest the coverage was pretty bad - he still had to pay fairly large medical bills despite this coverage. About the only good thing is it would have done is avoided him going bankrupt if he happened to have something serious (at least during the times when they didn’t kick him off).

What many do not know is that Trump did the single best thing to make Obamacare better - he removed the penalty for not having coverage. That was a HUGE relief for my brother who continued to have problems with keeping covered up until he finally was able to be rid of it and is now on his wife’s insurance plan at her work. He hates Obamacare so much, not for what it represents or what it is supposed to be, but for what it actually is and what it does, and how genuinely messed the entire thing is.

Overall, Obamacare has got to the biggest waste of taxpayer dollars and the biggest policy nightmare that has ever been created. Once you’ve experienced it yourself, you’d know.