Singapore Expats

If you could turn back the clock to 5 years ago...what would you do?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Re: If you could turn back the clock to 5 years ago...what would you do?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 5:46 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 01 Jul 2021 12:54 pm
....I would buy a few properties knowing they could go up so much. :D :D
Nah, property craze in SG no doubt so call " always up " but Gov do recently try to control as a lot people feel is getting crazy ...even come public housing can cost million at resale.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:07 pm

Nowadays everything has gone up in price, not surprised to see the HDBs being as costly as they are. Especially those in prime locations/jumbo flats. Still a great value for money for what you get, but I guess the shock lies in the fact that government housing is supposed to affordable.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:24 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:07 pm
Nowadays everything has gone up in price, not surprised to see the HDBs being as costly as they are. Especially those in prime locations/jumbo flats. Still a great value for money for what you get, but I guess the shock lies in the fact that government housing is supposed to affordable.
Each ballot cost 10 dollars last I know, imaging how many go ballot you can easily calculated how much Gov get.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 1:27 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:24 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Each ballot cost 10 dollars last I know, imaging how many go ballot you can easily calculated how much Gov get.
Even at $10, they cant be earning too much.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 3:15 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 1:27 am
SGBoyxxx wrote:
Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:24 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Even at $10, they cant be earning too much.
is quite alot, just see one unit how many ballot for it not to forget the price. No doubt still so cal " affordable " using your CPF, etc but still HDB do earn a lot , lol or else how they got money.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:27 am

Guess if you think about all the people who ballot unsuccessfully they must be making quite a lot.

korosensei
Regular
Regular

Post by korosensei » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 3:59 am

i will try to get back to my ex and tell him how much I still love him. And tell him how much i regret for choosing money over him. (cause I flew here to SG for better pay and he stayed back home) I realize its not really about money, its about what makes you happy and being content with what you have. Now Im married because I got pregnant with this guy. The guy who is here and who loves me so much. I mean I got no regrets having our baby. But sometimes I think what if this baby belongs to my ex will I be more happy?

Its almost 4am and Im writing this. hahaha got frequent toilet trips and difficult to sleep and maybe my hormones playing with my emotion.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:27 pm

No point regretting the past, keep your head up and focus on the future.