Immigration and 2021 census result

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
s.srivatsan

Immigration and 2021 census result

Post by s.srivatsan » Tue, 29 Jun 2021 7:36 pm

The recent report seems to suggest that organic population growth us slowing. Immigration seems to be the primary means of getting enough manpower to support a greying population. Granted, this was known to some extent already, but this census only reinforces the need for addressing the issue.

Key points to review:
1. How will the nation reconsider its immigration policy?

2. How will the nation balance its manpower needs with its sense of identity? Since identity is always going to depend on who constitutes the population and immigration will determine the size and demographics of said population.

3. Where did I spend that missing $25 from my wallet and when? Its almost like money just disappears when you're not looking.

sp786
Regular
Regular

Re: Immigration and 2021 census result

Post by sp786 » Sun, 11 Jul 2021 7:58 pm

Based on limited knowledge i have based on conversations I've had with HR of a company it looks like MoM has jumped into action asking them to discourage hiring people of same nationality (when there is a need to hire FT) and when there is opportunity they've suggested them to hire EP/S-Pass holders from other ASEAN countries.