Singapore Expats

Looking for DIY tips to fix rotary bench vise table handle

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Looking for DIY tips to fix rotary bench vise table handle

Post by subashgk007 » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:13 am

My rotary bench vise table handle got detached from the standing desk while relocating from another HDB unit and I don't remember what was the connection point/screw. Do we have any option for DIY to attach it back?

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: Looking for DIY tips to fix rotary bench vise table handle

Post by Myasis Dragon » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:39 pm

Insufficient views to determine what needs to be done. Does the end of the handle slip onto the shaft under the table? If yes, we need to see what the shape of the hole on the handle is, end on.

Those small machine screw holes in the side of the handle... are those threaded?

I'm going to guess that the two screw holes are threaded. The handle slips onto the shaft so that the screw holes are on the flat side of the shaft. Then, you need two small machine screws to thread into the handle to act as set screws.

If the holes are not threaded, then perhaps the machine screws slip through the handle and are threaded into threaded holes on the shaft.

Either way, should be an easy fix, needing only to find the correct machine screws, something like this, I'd expect.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:56 pm

You could probably get those screws for cheap at any neighborhood hardware store.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 11:26 pm

Agree with myasis… if my eyes do not deceive me, it looks like their are screw holes on the bottom of that shaft, just ever so barely visible.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr