Singapore Expats

Less crowded place to visit

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Less crowded place to visit

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 3:51 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 26 Jun 2021 12:36 am
If you really want to escape human contact, go up to Sembawang and walk the sleepy streets where the US Navy (former British) barracks are located. When I go there, I usually start my walk at King’s Avenue off Admiralty Road East… you will be lucky to encounter another soul.
Pretty out of the way for me, but sounds like a pretty quiet, scenic walk.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Less crowded place to visit

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 3:52 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 26 Jun 2021 12:45 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:12 pm
I climb Bukit Timah Hill two or three times a week nowadays, it’s open from 7 to 7 but it’s crowded all the time and no one is ever wearing a mask because the regulations allow you to go mask free. So not a great idea for anyone trying to avoid crowds.
I agree, was there 3-4 months back and couldn’t believe how crowded it was. Everybody and their uncle seemed to be there.

The Green (Railway) Corridor has suffered a similar fate in recent months after the papers promoted the opening of new sections. Many who are desperate to leave the confines of their homes have come out en mass, though it seems to have eased a bit when I was there last weekend.
Nothing has changed since then, it’s just as crowded. As for the Green Corridor, I’ve found that the trick is to go either very early in the morning or around sunset. Once it starts to get dark, the area really clears out.