Singapore Expats

New Job Change for EP holder while having Tuberculosis treatment

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
daisy.88

New Job Change for EP holder while having Tuberculosis treatment

Post by daisy.88 » Sat, 19 Jun 2021 3:28 pm

Hi all,

I’m a foreigner who’s currently working as IT professional with Employment Pass(EP) in sg. While working in current company, I got detected for Lymph Node Tuberculosis(no infection in lungs) and I am having ongoing treatment since last 3 months ago. Doctor said I can be cured by end of this year.

Yesterday, I got a decent new job offer and I’m about to inform about my condition to hiring manager too. If that company accepts my condition, can I be eligible to get approved for new EP by MOM too ? I know that if new foreigner jus came into Singapore and detected with TB, they are not issued for EP. But I’m not sure the rule for those who’re already working and having treatment too.

If anyone has knowledge about it, kindly please share with me.

Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day ! O:)

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: New Job Change for EP holder while having Tuberculosis treatment

Post by sp786 » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:25 pm

daisy.88 wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 3:28 pm
Hi all,

I’m a foreigner who’s currently working as IT professional with Employment Pass(EP) in sg. While working in current company, I got detected for Lymph Node Tuberculosis(no infection in lungs) and I am having ongoing treatment since last 3 months ago. Doctor said I can be cured by end of this year.

Yesterday, I got a decent new job offer and I’m about to inform about my condition to hiring manager too. If that company accepts my condition, can I be eligible to get approved for new EP by MOM too ? I know that if new foreigner jus came into Singapore and detected with TB, they are not issued for EP. But I’m not sure the rule for those who’re already working and having treatment too.

If anyone has knowledge about it, kindly please share with me.

Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day ! O:)

I know a friend who is on DP she entered SG with a cured TB 5 years back but the MoM said the DP is subject to her doing 6 months review with an arrogant doctor at TTSH TBCU. Hope this information may help you.

My guess is that your EP may get approved provided you've already informed MoM about your existing condition and that they're agreeable to the treatment / hospital you're with. Generally it should TTSH TBCU or someother government hospital and that doctor who treats you would send feedback to MoM based on which they decide.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: New Job Change for EP holder while having Tuberculosis treatment

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:31 pm

One of my staff also had a older TB infection and had it treated here, S pass holder. Cleared it up in 6 months or so stayed with me for 5 years. no issues with MOM. He's now back in Myanmar and I hope he's okay. He left before I retired two years ago.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers