Singapore Expats Forum

over charged rent

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Any Way

over charged rent

Postby Any Way » Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:18 am

Recently, found out I have been over charged as I answered ad for a condo room. I only rent a common room, but I paying more than the guy paying for the room + car park and the girl ( main tenant) using master bedroom. Is there anyway I can get some money back etc ?? or go to fair trading organization in singapore ?

Re: over charged rent

Postby Guest » Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:17 pm

Any Way wrote:Recently, found out I have been over charged as I answered ad for a condo room. I only rent a common room, but I paying more than the guy paying for the room + car park and the girl ( main tenant) using master bedroom. Is there anyway I can get some money back etc ?? or go to fair trading organization in singapore ?

you could just move out

Rent

Postby Guest » Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:50 pm

You were a willing party to rent a room, on the other hand, you should have also researched the market price. I mean, how much can a rent of a room be...? Why make a fuss out of it, if you felt the pinch in the beginning, then why rent it, this matter should just be settled on a personal note with your renter, bcos no association would actually entertain this trivial matter.

Gd luck to u. :wink:

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:07 am

Seller said a price, you accepted it, so you can only blame yourself. All you can do is try to negotiate a discount if you stay.