Singapore Expats

Citizenship application pending after 26 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajthilak92

Citizenship application pending after 26 months

Post by rajthilak92 » Fri, 18 Jun 2021 2:00 pm

Hi, I am a 29yo Indian citizen - moved to Singapore 12 years ago for University at the age of 17. Applied and received my SPR in 2017 (after a 5 month application processing time). I have a Masters degree in Engineering now and an annual salary of 200K per annum. I applied for my citizenship in May 2019 and the application is still pending on the system. I have written to ICA multiple times but they always say that it is still under consideration and no issues with the application. Any thoughts? What is the maximum duration anyone has ever heard about?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Citizenship application pending after 26 months

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Jun 2021 2:53 pm

Prior to this 23/24 months. But we only have anecdotal evidence from our readers/posters. We don't know about the community at large and ICA doesn't publish those types of facts. I'm sure there are outliers who exceed those who post here, but by how much is anybody's guess. I can tell you, however, that length of time is not indicative of success or failure as we have had both only recently. So, just hang in there and keep fingers crossed! Oh, and let us know how it goes, either bad or good.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pajamasinbananas

Re: Citizenship application pending after 26 months

Post by pajamasinbananas » Tue, 27 Feb 2024 10:31 am

Hi there OP raj! Was browsing the forums and wondering if you have an update for your application? Hoping it's good news!