Singapore Expats

Average waiting time for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CourtneyAlexis

Average waiting time for PR?

Post by CourtneyAlexis » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 7:33 pm

Hello, when applying for PR it stated the average processing time was 4-6 months. I'm wondering if this is accurate, or if things are delayed due to COVID.

I applied in October of 2020 (so over 8 months now).

To give a little insight, I'm a 27yo American female. I've been on an EP in Singapore for the past 5 years, and I am married to a Singaporean. I haven't received any request for additional documents. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to send a follow-up e-mail, or to continue to wait it out. I know patience is a virtue, but I am getting so anxious! I would appreciate any advice or feedback. TIA.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: Average waiting time for PR?

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 7:50 pm

If you search in the forum, there are applicants who waited up to 24 months for a result so don’t be surprised if you have to wait that long.

If you pester ICA for an outcome, it won’t be good.

You’ll just have to keep waiting and be patient.

CourtneyAlexis

Post by CourtneyAlexis » Thu, 17 Jun 2021 2:01 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 7:50 pm
If you search in the forum, there are applicants who waited up to 24 months for a result so don’t be surprised if you have to wait that long.

Ah, okay I see. I have a friend who got approved after a year, so I know it can take longer. They asked for additional documents and more info along the way though, so I didn’t know if my situation was normal.

jay1979

Post by jay1979 » Thu, 17 Jun 2021 4:11 pm

CourtneyAlexis wrote:
MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 7:50 pm

Ah, okay I see. I have a friend who got approved after a year, so I know it can take longer. They asked for additional documents and more info along the way though, so I didn’t know if my situation was normal.
I guess every application has its own timeline. I know of families who got it in 7 to 10 months. I waited 19 months and got approved. I would think since your married to a local it would be a shorter wait.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 18 Jun 2021 4:58 pm

Now it seems to be averagely between 1 - 2 yrs..?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

CourtneyAlexis

Post by CourtneyAlexis » Sat, 19 Jun 2021 8:55 am

Thanks for the responses! I got my approval letter today. 😀

sndy
Regular
Regular

Post by sndy » Sat, 19 Jun 2021 9:37 am

CourtneyAlexis wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 8:55 am
Thanks for the responses! I got my approval letter today. 😀
Congrats!!

pghjclark

Post by pghjclark » Thu, 27 Jul 2023 1:24 pm

Figured I would share my timeline and background.

Background: US citizen, met my SG spouse in 2012, married in the USA in 2016. We lived together in the USA and had two boys (one in 2019, and another in 2021). When my first son was born, we got him dual SG/US citizenship and I applied for PR for the first time while still living in the USA. As you can imagine that application was denied ~18 months later due to not living and working in SG. We did the same for my youngest he is dual US/SG.

We ultimately wanted to raise our kids in SG due to closeness of my spouses parents, better schools and ability to have a helper. My spouse is a software engineer and works for an MNC. The opportunity to get out relocation paid for and transfer to SG came up for her and we moved to SG in April 2022. I went the LTVP route and found a job with a SG company making around 9k/month (my background is HR).

I applied for PR again 24/10/2022 like exactly 6 months after arriving. Complete radio silence until today application approved. ~9 months from application to approval.