Singapore Expats

Skypark vs Marq vs Ardmore (or other 4BR buildings in $15-25k budget)

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Skypark vs Marq vs Ardmore (or other 4BR buildings in $15-25k budget)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Jun 2021 6:22 pm

I would also opt for a Black & White. I actually lived in a Black & White for 15 years in Seletar Airbase until I bought my flat in Jan 1999 after the Asian Financial Meltdown property market bottomed out. Only a 5 minute walk from the Golf Course Clubhouse!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Search By

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 2:19 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 6:22 pm
I would also opt for a Black & White. I actually lived in a Black & White for 15 years in Seletar Airbase until I bought my flat in Jan 1999 after the Asian Financial Meltdown property market bottomed out. Only a 5 minute walk from the Golf Course Clubhouse!
Nice! Its just that many of them are so far out of the way.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:28 am

When I lived in Seletar it was BEFORE the construction clearing for the CTE was even started. In fact, it was virtually impossible to get a taxi to take you out there after midnight because of the distance back to the city without any hope in hell of a fare. A car was a must but I wouldn't have lived anywhere else, loved it out there as it was the closest I could get to living in the countryside.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 2:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:28 am
When I lived in Seletar it was BEFORE the construction clearing for the CTE was even started. In fact, it was virtually impossible to get a taxi to take you out there after midnight because of the distance back to the city without any hope in hell of a fare. A car was a must but I wouldn't have lived anywhere else, loved it out there as it was the closest I could get to living in the countryside.
Ah yes, but OP mentioned they won’t have a car, so they’ll need something much more accessible. My friend stays in a nice black and white in the Changi area, traveling is a nightmare, the closest main road is 2km away!

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 3:42 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 22 Jun 2021 2:49 am
Ah yes, but OP mentioned they won’t have a car, so they’ll need something much more accessible. My friend stays in a nice black and white in the Changi area, traveling is a nightmare, the closest main road is 2km away!
If you keep a look out (and are a bit lucky) you can find some gorgeous B&Ws available for rent in pretty central areas. One of my favourite places is Alexandra Park which is an area of B&Ws just off Alexandra Road - pretty central!

https://expatliving.sg/black-and-white- ... ndra-park/
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 6:21 pm

Addadude wrote:
Tue, 22 Jun 2021 3:42 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 22 Jun 2021 2:49 am
If you keep a look out (and are a bit lucky) you can find some gorgeous B&Ws available for rent in pretty central areas. One of my favourite places is Alexandra Park which is an area of B&Ws just off Alexandra Road - pretty central!

https://expatliving.sg/black-and-white- ... ndra-park/
Wow, looks nice! I didn’t know there were any in Alexandra.