Singapore Expats

Farrer Park

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
safehomehunter

Farrer Park

Post by safehomehunter » Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:47 am

Hello All,
I am looking for resale HDB near Farrer Park, I have a few questions regarding this neighborhood:
1. How is the safety in this area? There was a riot in 2013
2. Does it get noisy in the weekends?
3. Other than Farrer Park MRT, I realized there are very little public bus routes in this area. Is there any hassle commuting to and from this area via buses, cabs, ride hailing?
4. There are a few patches of empty fields: the big one is known as Farrer Park Fields, the small ones are opposite of Farrer Park Hospital, are there any future developments of the lands in the pipeline?
Thank you in advance! :D

Search By

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Farrer Park

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 14 Jun 2021 1:21 pm

safehomehunter wrote:
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:47 am
Hello All,
I am looking for resale HDB near Farrer Park, I have a few questions regarding this neighborhood:
3. Other than Farrer Park MRT, I realized there are very little public bus routes in this area. Is there any hassle commuting to and from this area via buses, cabs, ride hailing?
4. There are a few patches of empty fields: the big one is known as Farrer Park Fields, the small ones are opposite of Farrer Park Hospital, are there any future developments of the lands in the pipeline?
Safety is not really a concern at all. Singapore in general is incredibly safe, the riot was just an anomaly and actually took place in Little India. I have friends in the area, noise level can be pretty bad as there is quite a bit of construction going on. Accessibility wise, Farrer Park is slightly below average. There are 2 main bus services servicing the area, 131 and 141. They do take you to the main roads so from there you should have more bus options.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:20 am

safehomehunter wrote:
Hello All,
1. Relatively safe in Singapore..
2. Depending on which location you're on in Farrer Pk as Farrer Pk is quite a huge area. I believe are the quieter residential properties in that area as well
3. There are buses which you need to figure out where they go to. bus stops are everywhere
4. Visit URA latest master plan to see the plan for that area over the next course of few years.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 3:46 pm

abbby wrote:
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:20 am
safehomehunter wrote:
Hello All,
1. Relatively safe in Singapore..
2. Depending on which location you're on in Farrer Pk as Farrer Pk is quite a huge area. I believe are the quieter residential properties in that area as well
3. There are buses which you need to figure out where they go to. bus stops are everywhere
4. Visit URA latest master plan to see the plan for that area over the next course of few years.

4 is a good point, I forgot to mention that. As for 3, this is not entirely true. While there are quite a number of bus stops in the neighborhood, there are only 2 main bus services that service the area.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 4:06 pm

Your children will be molested, your maids raped and your wife sold into slavery.

Oh hang on, you're talking about Farrer Park Singapore, not Farrer Park India or Farrer Park China.

My mistake. Nothing will happen except you'll develop a taste for certain food impossible to satisfy outside Singapore.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 7:02 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 4:06 pm
Your children will be molested, your maids raped and your wife sold into slavery.

Oh hang on, you're talking about Farrer Park Singapore, not Farrer Park India or Farrer Park China.

My mistake. Nothing will happen except you'll develop a taste for certain food impossible to satisfy outside Singapore.
Hahaha, you got me in the first line.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:13 pm

I used to live near that area when I first moved to Singapore in 1996. I spent many-a-weekend morning at Pek Kio market having Chinese Nasi Lemak with two hot dogs and a fried egg, washed down with a tall mug of iced coffee. Yes, it can try your patience to catch 131, but that is all part of the laid back, simple lifestyle that the area exudes.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 2:28 pm

malcontent wrote:
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:13 pm
I used to live near that area when I first moved to Singapore in 1996. I spent many-a-weekend morning at Pek Kio market having Chinese Nasi Lemak with two hot dogs and a fried egg, washed down with a tall mug of iced coffee. Yes, it can try your patience to catch 131, but that is all part of the laid back, simple lifestyle that the area exudes.
Pek Kio Market! Haven’t been there in ages, they had one of the cheapest carrot cake spots in the whole country, only $2 a plate! Not sure if the place managed to survive COVID.