Singapore Expats

Has your helper been vaccinated?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Has your helper been vaccinated?

Post by MikeJones » Mon, 14 Jun 2021 9:19 pm

Could be a lot worse, go have a look at the Bangkok Post website for an idea of what truly incompetent (and corrupt) government looks like in the covid crisis. My wife is so glad she is here with me but very worried for her daughter back in Bangkok.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 4:02 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 2:46 pm
It's like everything else the Government's done in the past 1.5 years. They've become like the weather. You don't like it or you do like it, no matter, it will change in a hour or so. The Gov't is currently like a lost ball in high weeds, in my opinion.
Well put. It’s like chasing the wind.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 6:37 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 4:02 am
It's like everything else the Government's done in the past 1.5 years. They've become like the weather. You don't like it or you do like it, no matter, it will change in a hour or so. The Gov't is currently like a lost ball in high weeds, in my opinion.
What was I saying? They couldn't make it through Wednesday!!!! :lol: :cool:

https://mothership.sg/2021/06/lawrence- ... 8RDMKE0mfc
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Thu, 17 Jun 2021 8:12 am

TBH, can’t blame the government. If people kept to minimal outdoor activity and maintained distancing, barrier and sanitation methods as from the beginning, it wouldn’t have happened.

You go to any queue for food or supermarket, people don’t care so much about maintaining 1m distance.

Government needs teeth…make it illegal to transmit C19 like HIV….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:07 am

BBCDoc wrote:
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 8:12 am
BBCDoc, the first three words of you last sentence I've been saying for over 3 decades. PAP Government is afraid after 55 years of power, they are going to lose the mandate and tends to go soft for fear of backlash. They molly-coddled the population so long that the population knows that now they can more or less do as they wish, short of rebellion. You spent a number of years working in my birthing hospital. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Give them an inch and they'll try to take a mile!" That is what we have here today. And yes, the pandemic isn't helping as everybody has cabin fever now on top of all the other crap. Especially considering the gov't dropped the ball when they alluded to having sufficient vaccination dosages a year ago. They conveniently forget to tell the population that they were counting on supply chains not being disrupted, etc., etc. Dropped the ball some more. Now they are behind most of the civilized world in vaxxing the population and having to completely cut off themselves in the meantime while playing catchup.

I need a corona! :lol: :cool: Now looks like I gotta wait another week or so. :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 1:40 am

Wed, 16 Jun 2021 6:37 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 4:02 am
What was I saying? They couldn't make it through Wednesday!!!! :lol: :cool:

https://mothership.sg/2021/06/lawrence- ... 8RDMKE0mfc
I mean seriously… can they ever make up their mind?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 1:45 am

BBCDoc wrote:
TBH, can’t blame the government. If people kept to minimal outdoor activity and maintained distancing, barrier and sanitation methods as from the beginning, it wouldn’t have happened.

You go to any queue for food or supermarket, people don’t care so much about maintaining 1m distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair, people have for the most part been incredibly mindful of the rules, so I doubt that’s it. The government should have taken a stronger stance from the start, instead of trying to keep borders open and protecting the economy.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 1:49 am

Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:07 am
BBCDoc wrote:
Especially considering the gov't dropped the ball when they alluded to having sufficient vaccination dosages a year ago. They conveniently forget to tell the population that they were counting on supply chains not being disrupted, etc., etc. Dropped the ball some more. Now they are behind most of the civilized world in vaxxing the population and having to completely cut off themselves in the meantime while playing catchup.

I need a corona! :lol: :cool: Now looks like I gotta wait another week or so. :shit:
Exactly. They refuse to admit they messed up, and now it’s coming to bite them, and us, in the you know what.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:26 pm

Yes Done and she was gungho that Pfizer did nothing to her and that she was too strong. I liked her over confidence.