Singapore Expats

PR for child. Father citizen, mother LTVP

Do you have a question about National Service (NS) in Singapore? Discuss it here.
Nightisyang

PR for child. Father citizen, mother LTVP

Post by Nightisyang » Sun, 06 Jun 2021 4:37 pm

I'm wondering whether anyone has any information on whether it is possible to get a PR for my son? He will be born overseas with his mom's nationality. Our plan is to leave SG eventually but we will see our son spending his early years in SG.
by Mad Scientist » Sat, 20 Nov 2021 4:54 am
hello All

I would like to poke my nose on this one. If Dad is a citizen, then your child is a SG citizen if it is born overseas as long you apply the SG citizenship within one year
Let your wife give birth to your child overseas and let the child attain foreign citizenship, then fly back to SG apply for SG Citizenship only
Use the child foreign passport to have REP pass. The right to live and study in SG as a child of a SG citizen.
As long as the child does not apply SG Passport, you can leave without having to apply for Exit Permit when he turns 13
This route will enable your child to attend normal school as any other Singaporean child. No ballot, no queue , no waiting, no huge fees.
The downside is once you leave SG to avoid NS then its all game over
The other route is Student pass as mentioned . Everything will be expensive
He cannot get PR unless you and wife is divorced and he apply under your wife PRship
Either way not much room tp wiggle out of this
Both has its pros and cons
Go to full post

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: PR for child. Father citizen, mother LTVP

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 2:55 am

Nightisyang wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 4:37 pm
I'm wondering whether anyone has any information on whether it is possible to get a PR for my son? He will be born overseas with his mom's nationality. Our plan is to leave SG eventually but we will see our son spending his early years in SG.
You could get him SC by registration (if you're married to the mother) or you could get him in on a student's pass but a PR is not that easy. Also he would have to do NS as the child of a SC.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 20 Nov 2021 4:54 am

hello All

I would like to poke my nose on this one. If Dad is a citizen, then your child is a SG citizen if it is born overseas as long you apply the SG citizenship within one year
Let your wife give birth to your child overseas and let the child attain foreign citizenship, then fly back to SG apply for SG Citizenship only
Use the child foreign passport to have REP pass. The right to live and study in SG as a child of a SG citizen.
As long as the child does not apply SG Passport, you can leave without having to apply for Exit Permit when he turns 13
This route will enable your child to attend normal school as any other Singaporean child. No ballot, no queue , no waiting, no huge fees.
The downside is once you leave SG to avoid NS then its all game over
The other route is Student pass as mentioned . Everything will be expensive
He cannot get PR unless you and wife is divorced and he apply under your wife PRship
Either way not much room tp wiggle out of this
Both has its pros and cons
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Nightisyang

Post by Nightisyang » Sat, 01 Jan 2022 6:48 pm

Thank you for your replies. My child has been born overseas and I've obtained SG citizenship for him through descent and will be applying for the right of entry endorsement. Is there any source that says if I do not get the SG passport for him he will not have to apply for an exit permit provided he leaves the country by age 13? This can save us the hassle of re-applying for exit permits and paying the SG Gov a bond.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 08 Jan 2022 4:22 pm

Sorry buddy ,game over

Once your child attain SG citizenship / PP he is required by law to apply Exit Permit when he turns 13 if he or you decided to stay out of Singapore.
Singapore Citizenship leads to all these minefields
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Jan 2022 10:10 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Sat, 08 Jan 2022 4:22 pm
Sorry buddy ,game over

Once your child attain SG citizenship / PP he is required by law to apply Exit Permit when he turns 13 if he or you decided to stay out of Singapore.
Happy Belated New Year, my friend. Hope all are doing okay and you are staying safe although, I rather find that hard to believe knowing your penchant for adventure. Cheers!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 09 Jan 2022 12:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 08 Jan 2022 10:10 pm
Mad Scientist wrote:
Sat, 08 Jan 2022 4:22 pm
Sorry buddy ,game over

Happy Belated New Year, my friend. Hope all are doing okay and you are staying safe although, I rather find that hard to believe knowing your penchant for adventure. Cheers!
Hey matey, I am well so is the wife. We are in NZ for the time being. Too much issues with Covid across the ditch. Up and running after going under the knife for the second time. We are very fortunate in NZ compare to other countries. I am so grateful that we are here and trying to hold off as long as we can from these variants. I know it is a matter of when not how before Omicron gets into the community but hey even with Delta apart from the initial spike, the cases hovers around 50 a day. Vaccination about 93%.
I am joining the Greenpeace next month to fight the Chinese trawlers around Ross sea. Should be fun
Just poking around to see what you guys are up to. Never expect any reply from you SMS. Cheers for that
I pray that you and your family are in the pink of health
Stay safe and be safe , buddy