Singapore Expats

Starhub no longer attractive

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Starhub no longer attractive

Post by abbby » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:56 am

midlet2013 wrote:
Wed, 02 Jun 2021 4:49 am
At least , Singapore is allowing people to use alternatives now. I buy a lot of books and Amazon USA helps a lot. I am also able to get supplements etc from there which is hard to find here. Without Amazon, I would be paying far more for the same stuff. I also like Shopee n Lazada but for local stuff.

I remember my wife wanted a Samsonite laptop bag. In Singapore it was 250$. I got from Amazon UK for 150+30 shipping. Yet 70$ cheap.

Those who don’t innovate will suffer. From paying 100$ for internet and cable to StarHub, now we pay 40$ to StarHub and 50$ to streaming services.

I welcome choices which are customer friendly.
Yes, thankfully Amazon stepped into Singapore...
I would buy a lot of things otherwise more expensive, glad that I could find them on Amazon, they're a godsend.

For starhub, I don't think I would like to renew their subscription after it ends. They are just losing their channels to companies who are streaming now ie: Disney Plus.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Starhub no longer attractive

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:51 pm

Sunjackal wrote:
Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:27 am
PNGMK wrote:
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:28 am
malcontent wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 3:58 pm
Looks like they just installed a new head of Singapore consumer business.

https://theorg.com/org/singapore-teleco ... t/anna-yip
Thanks. I'll try to message the CEO on LinkedIn as well.
The amount of favourable resolutions I’ve achieved over the years by going directly to company CEO’s is too long to list. It is definitely the optimal approach.

Normally, even if you don’t get a personal response, you get put through to an escalation service that’s much more efficient than starting at the beginning.
Smart. I should try that sometime.