hi all

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
hypnos98

hi all

Post by hypnos98 » Fri, 28 May 2021 1:46 pm

Just curious to know? When I arrived in Singapore in 2009, this forum was so vibrant, with so many people asking questions and so many regulars answering them. This forum was quite vibrant until atleast 5 years ago. But since then has just gone down hill. Why? What are the regulars doing these days?

I for one am very busy on twitter, hardwarezone mostly and some other forums.

MOCHS
Regular
Regular

Re: hi all

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 28 May 2021 2:33 pm

Forums are just not popular as it was now with the rise of various social media platforms. And a huge number of foreigners left SG during the pandemic last year since companies started to axe jobs to cut costs and the first to go were foreigners, unfortunately.

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by smoulder » Fri, 28 May 2021 8:15 pm

I didn't think any foreigner would be active on hardwarezone. Whatever I've seen of it - it's quite a cesspool.

Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 29 May 2021 12:07 am

hypnos98 wrote:
Fri, 28 May 2021 1:46 pm
Just curious to know? When I arrived in Singapore in 2009, this forum was so vibrant, with so many people asking questions and so many regulars answering them. This forum was quite vibrant until atleast 5 years ago. But since then has just gone down hill. Why? What are the regulars doing these days?

I for one am very busy on twitter, hardwarezone mostly and some other forums.
I think its just that forums in general have decreased in popularity over the last few years. Nonetheless, there’s still a good number of active members which makes for pretty interesting discourse.