Singapore Expats

Working Remotely with Dependant's Pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
nindyaf

Working Remotely with Dependant's Pass

Post by nindyaf » Thu, 27 May 2021 12:05 am

Hi!

My husband will be moving from Indonesia to Singapore for a new job and I plan to move with him using Dependant's Pass.

I'm currently working at DBS Indonesia (which serving Indonesian customer only) and have a plan to work remotely from Singapore upon my relocation.

In this case, do I need to have an Employment Pass?

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: Working Remotely with Dependant's Pass

Post by Sbk » Wed, 02 Jun 2021 6:07 am

This has been answered before in the forum, as long as you are not working for a Singapore registered company, you can continue working remotely for the Indonesian registered company. No EP is required. You also do not need to inform MOM about your work.

SonalShah

Post by SonalShah » Tue, 03 Aug 2021 10:19 am

Hi One of my friend is on dependent pass and she is planning to register a company in Netherlands since her partner is there. Will she be able to work from here

swiftrobber

Post by swiftrobber » Sat, 20 Nov 2021 4:08 am

I can confirm you can work as long as your job function do not have any kind of business relationship with any Singapore-based company or client. Tbh MOM is amazingly responsive to queries. Got my answer in less than 6 hrs.

asiaexpat1990

Post by asiaexpat1990 » Fri, 22 Apr 2022 7:29 pm

swiftrobber wrote:
Sat, 20 Nov 2021 4:08 am
I can confirm you can work as long as your job function do not have any kind of business relationship with any Singapore-based company or client. Tbh MOM is amazingly responsive to queries. Got my answer in less than 6 hrs.
@swiftrobber
Could you please share the response you received from MOM here for clarity? Thanks for your help!

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:52 pm

asiaexpat1990 wrote:
Fri, 22 Apr 2022 7:29 pm
swiftrobber wrote:
@swiftrobber
Could you please share the response you received from MOM here for clarity? Thanks for your help!
They will tell you that so long as the foreign company you are working for has no legal presence in Singapore, nor provides goods and services in Singapore, and so long as you are not servicing clients in Singapore, you can work without a work permit.

akshu0023

Post by akshu0023 » Mon, 29 Aug 2022 2:55 am

swiftrobber wrote:
Could you please share the email id you contacted MOM on? I have [email protected] from one of their sister sites but not sure if this is the one. Thanks a lot!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Aug 2022 10:17 pm

akshu0023 wrote:
Mon, 29 Aug 2022 2:55 am
I have [email protected] from one of their sister sites but not sure if this is the one. Thanks a lot!
Did you even try it? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

akshu0023

Post by akshu0023 » Wed, 31 Aug 2022 9:46 pm

Yes, this email id works.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:09 pm

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers