Singapore Expats

Retailers call for government support

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Retailers call for government support

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 29 May 2021 1:36 am

Wd40 wrote:
Sat, 29 May 2021 12:41 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 22 May 2021 4:41 pm

Yes, local retailers are for the most part so far behind the US, UK, and AUS. I love using Amazon Prime, the $3 a month I pay is nothing compared to my savings.
The $3 per month is already worth it, with prime video, even without using any of their delivery services. But frankly I prefer shopee and lazada for some of the electronics stuff I bought. Almost always I search amazon and I find it cheaper on shoppee or lazada. Also the options on amazon sg are so limited. To me it is like a joke compared to the the other big online retailers in SG. Amazon US is good, but the SG version is too limited and pricey.
Admittedly, the selection on amazon SG is much more limited compared to amazon US. I’ve chosen to pay a premium and purchase from the American amazon quite a few times. But the $3 is nothing, and for the most part it makes a big difference.