Singapore Expats

Suitable property in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Suitable property in Singapore

Post by abbby » Tue, 18 May 2021 1:30 pm

I do feel rents in Hong Kong is much higher than in Singapore.

For your requirements, 2500 sq ft up, can range from $6,000 - $10,000+ depending on location, age of property and development.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 18 May 2021 1:59 pm

Arif246 wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 11:10 am
abbby wrote:
Mon, 17 May 2021 7:59 pm
Do you have an indication of your budget and work place location? So i can try to assess which condos would be ideal..
My main work place will be in Shenzhen, I am planning to visit HK/Shenzhen 8-10 days per month and I will be working from home in Singapore. That’s why larger space is very important for me.

My kids school is not fixed yet, it will be either in Bukit Timah, or Dempsey Hill or Dover. Therefore I am looking for a comparatively central place so I won’t have to change house if my kids change their school (or two kids go to two different schools). MRT/Supermarkets/some eateries within walking distance will make our lives easier. And if kids can play in the neighbourhood or park nearby.

My initial target budget is 10-12K or max 15-18k/month.
Your budget is pretty large to begin with, you should be able to get yourself quite a nice, large place for that amount. At least 2000 sq ft.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 18 May 2021 2:00 pm

Arif246 wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 11:14 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 12:04 am
abbby wrote:
Mon, 17 May 2021 1:29 pm
Stevens road/Orange grove does have some large condo units, however not so near to MRT, but it's a quiet area. For buona vista, not many condos, those I saw were the rochester which is next to the star vista mall and BV MRT and One north residences which is also quite near the Mall and One North MRT.

I didn't see any condos along Botanic Gardens, but along Holland there's some condos like Serenade were quite modern and nice.

You can consider the slightly older built condos (built around 2000-2010), they are usually larger in interior and have bigger rooms than newer condos.

Along river valley, older condo like valley park is near the great world mrt and mall, but layout is quite strange. Newer ones are like tribeca and cosmopolitan, all very near MRT. Nice location very central and has many good food and amenities.
Yes, the older condos are typically larger and more comfortable. New condo units are often under 1000 sq ft which can be very suffocating (although since you’re coming from Hong Kong I doubt that will be too big of an adjustment).
In HK we live in 1087 sqf(net) apartment and we are not very happy with the house, but its in a very convenient location, its close of everything (MRT, kids school, parks, supermarket, wet markets, lots of shopping, most of things can be done within walking distance)
The apartments you would be able to get here are much larger. Practically all neighborhoods in Singapore have the places you’ve mentioned nearby, and are very safe for kids.