Singapore Expats

Where to report covid vaccination side effects?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Where to report covid vaccination side effects?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 May 2021 11:44 pm

x9200 wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 12:01 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:17 am
ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 8:56 am

That is a possibility of course.

But call me sceptic, when a new member who joins this forum to complain about something (behind the question), and taking into account that there has been reported smear campaigns against vaccinations:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... er-vaccine

I take it with a pinch of salt, or some reservation.

This is not to say that there are no side effects, I didn't get anything really myself, but our helper got her 2nd shot on Monday, and she's been a bit down a few days. That was Moderna though and mine was Pfizer.
Same thing happened with my parents. My father got Pfizer, was fine the whole time. My mom on the other hand got Moderna, and was unwell for a couple days.
My wife got Pizer and she was reasonably ok except some pain and bruises in the jab location. I, on the other hand got Moderna and ended up sick (fever, muscle pain) I had not been in two decades or so. Panadol helped so I was ok already on the 3rd day. Same happened to a colleague of mine.
This was expected, but perhaps not with such severity. I would be actually more concerned if I had no reaction.
I would like to attribute this to coincidence, but from what I’ve heard from others who have gotten vaccinated Moderna is typically the one with greater side effects. Of course, these side effects only last a couple days so that should not stop anyone from getting vaccinated.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 May 2021 11:47 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 6:16 pm
I felt like crap when I received the small pox vaccine decades ago.

I also felt off when I received the rabies and JE vaccines. I soldiered on through those short term effects.

If you are indeed suffering long term effects, the look into the booklet that you received when you were vaccinated to report to official channels using the QR code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember feeling worst when I received the HPV and cervical cancer vaccine. Fever, sore arms, headaches, for a couple days.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 May 2021 11:52 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 8:12 pm
jumbo wrote:
Sat, 15 May 2021 2:29 pm
Thank you.

I had found that form, and it appears to be for medical practitioners to report for their patients. I will ask my doctor to do so on my behalf.

In the meantime, I certainly wish there was an inviting and direct way for vaccine recipients to report on one of the greatest live science experiment of our time. So much data to be gathered that isn't being gathered.

Gvt seems obviously interested to give it out, but not very conducive to gathering data. It's a one-way deal right now. I've become a little cynical: just take it and shut up, unless it is life threatening or an immediate allergic reaction.

Can I know what side effects are you experiencing? Was it moderna or pfizer that you took?
Take this with a pinch of salt, but I would assume it was Moderna. I haven’t heard of anyone who had taken the Pfizer vaccine experiencing side effects severe enough to warrant reporting.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 28 May 2021 7:04 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:44 pm
x9200 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:17 am

Same thing happened with my parents. My father got Pfizer, was fine the whole time. My mom on the other hand got Moderna, and was unwell for a couple days.
My wife got Pizer and she was reasonably ok except some pain and bruises in the jab location. I, on the other hand got Moderna and ended up sick (fever, muscle pain) I had not been in two decades or so. Panadol helped so I was ok already on the 3rd day. Same happened to a colleague of mine.
This was expected, but perhaps not with such severity. I would be actually more concerned if I had no reaction.
I would like to attribute this to coincidence, but from what I’ve heard from others who have gotten vaccinated Moderna is typically the one with greater side effects. Of course, these side effects only last a couple days so that should not stop anyone from getting vaccinated.
Definitely should not stop anyone. The mentioned sides effects are on a level of some mild cold/flu, typically last around 1-2 days and are easily manageable with panadol. For both myself and my colleague we still worked (WFH), participated in online meetings etc. Myself, I simply never had such reaction to any vaccines I took in past (as far as I remember). I was on MC once in past 20 years after I strained my back riding motorcycle so I was not really mentally prepared I had to take some medication to bring down the fever :)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 May 2021 11:30 am

x9200 wrote:
Fri, 28 May 2021 7:04 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:44 pm
x9200 wrote:

Definitely should not stop anyone. The mentioned sides effects are on a level of some mild cold/flu, typically last around 1-2 days and are easily manageable with panadol. For both myself and my colleague we still worked (WFH), participated in online meetings etc. Myself, I simply never had such reaction to any vaccines I took in past (as far as I remember). I was on MC once in past 20 years after I strained my back riding motorcycle so I was not really mentally prepared I had to take some medication to bring down the fever :)
Exactly, the long-term benefit far outweighs the temporary cost.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 28 May 2021 2:41 pm

I chose pfizer and will be taking it in a couple of weeks, hope there's not much reaction other than some sore arm or bruises..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 29 May 2021 12:04 am

abbby wrote:
Fri, 28 May 2021 2:41 pm
I chose pfizer and will be taking it in a couple of weeks, hope there's not much reaction other than some sore arm or bruises..
You should have no issue at all, even if you experience any side effects, they should be very mild and temporary.

jumbo

Post by jumbo » Sat, 29 May 2021 5:08 pm

Update. It was an unknown pre existing condition.

Get vaccinated! 🙂

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 29 May 2021 9:12 pm

jumbo wrote:
Sat, 29 May 2021 5:08 pm
Update. It was an unknown pre existing condition.

Get vaccinated! 🙂
Haha. Hope all is well. Good thing you are aware of it now!