Singapore Expats

SHN Restrictions Help

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
bilal.abdul-aaliy

SHN Restrictions Help

Post by bilal.abdul-aaliy » Sat, 15 May 2021 12:37 am

Dear Singapore Expats,

I'm seriously floored right now! I have just found out that since I'm coming from UAE there is a 21-day SHN required. There is a conference I want to attend on the 16th as well as I would like to get an actual vacation while I'm there. 14-Day is ok, but 21? What is the logic behind that? It's a waste of time and money. Do you think the government will approve me for a 14-Day SDN so that I can go to the conferences?

Question: I have found out that you can get an SDF Suite at certain hotels if approved. It will be at a higher cost. Do I have to stay in the room or can I enjoy the hotel facilities?

At least if I can get a vacation inside a hotel suite that might be nice. The main purpose of this trip was to check it out as a place to work and live in the future, but I'm afraid this trip would not allow me to get the real feel of what it's like there. Might I add, my family is fully vaccinated and the whole family stays at home during the normal workweek. I'm the only one that goes into work face-to-face as a teacher. At a school with minimal students who actually report to school. Dubai has very strict regulations on masks and social distancing, etc. There is also a limit to the number of students allowed in a class.

I'm so not happy right now. I've already paid for the plane tickets and I was highly excited based on everything I've seen about Singapore on YouTube. The tickets can be adjusted for me to come earlier. If I have to leave two weeks earlier than planned, that will only give me 3 days of touring Singapore outside of the SHN 21-day period. Is it worth it?

Sincerely,

Bilal

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: SHN Restrictions Help

Post by the observer » Sat, 15 May 2021 9:25 am

bilal.abdul-aaliy wrote:
Sat, 15 May 2021 12:37 am
Dear Singapore Expats,

I'm seriously floored right now! I have just found out that since I'm coming from UAE there is a 21-day SHN required. There is a conference I want to attend on the 16th as well as I would like to get an actual vacation while I'm there. 14-Day is ok, but 21? What is the logic behind that? It's a waste of time and money. Do you think the government will approve me for a 14-Day SDN so that I can go to the conferences?

Question: I have found out that you can get an SDF Suite at certain hotels if approved. It will be at a higher cost. Do I have to stay in the room or can I enjoy the hotel facilities?

At least if I can get a vacation inside a hotel suite that might be nice. The main purpose of this trip was to check it out as a place to work and live in the future, but I'm afraid this trip would not allow me to get the real feel of what it's like there. Might I add, my family is fully vaccinated and the whole family stays at home during the normal workweek. I'm the only one that goes into work face-to-face as a teacher. At a school with minimal students who actually report to school. Dubai has very strict regulations on masks and social distancing, etc. There is also a limit to the number of students allowed in a class.

I'm so not happy right now. I've already paid for the plane tickets and I was highly excited based on everything I've seen about Singapore on YouTube. The tickets can be adjusted for me to come earlier. If I have to leave two weeks earlier than planned, that will only give me 3 days of touring Singapore outside of the SHN 21-day period. Is it worth it?

Sincerely,

Bilal
https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/contact-us

Direct your queries to the link above for a comprehensive official reply.