Singapore Expats

EP with Criminal Record / Misdemeanor

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Dallas_

EP with Criminal Record / Misdemeanor

Post by Dallas_ » Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:56 pm

Hi all,

I am a US citizen considering a 2 year executive-level expat assignment in Singapore. I am very eager to accept the assignment but I have a misdemeanor (9 year old Drinking While Ability Impaired offense) on my record. Knowing how strict the Singaporean authorities are, I have absolutely no intention of concealing this fact or lying on the EP application. Therefore I appreciate any advice you may have on how the Singaporean authorities view such an offense and how likely it is that I will be granted an EP.

Thank you all in advance!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: EP with Criminal Record / Misdemeanor

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 01 May 2021 12:22 am

Dallas_ wrote:
Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:56 pm
Hi all,

I am a US citizen considering a 2 year executive-level expat assignment in Singapore. I am very eager to accept the assignment but I have a misdemeanor (9 year old Drinking While Ability Impaired offense) on my record. Knowing how strict the Singaporean authorities are, I have absolutely no intention of concealing this fact or lying on the EP application. Therefore I appreciate any advice you may have on how the Singaporean authorities view such an offense and how likely it is that I will be granted an EP.

Thank you all in advance!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=77652&p=514718