Singapore Expats Forum

the usual boy meets girl problem

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

FranzLiszt

Postby FranzLiszt » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:50 pm

anybody would like to like to tell me where do i start?
Screw the tux , here comes the Gen X Pianist!!!!

Disgusted

Postby Disgusted » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 7:00 pm

Quote:
anybody would like to like to tell me where do i start?

What kind of person writes such crap???

FranzLiszt

Postby FranzLiszt » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 8:44 pm

if u were around the age group of between 15-17 u would definitely ask
the same question...

unless of course if u are a ladies men then it's an entirely different story....

FranzLiszt

Postby FranzLiszt » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 9:20 pm

Although some may view that thread as purely an act of desperateness but let's just keep an open mind about it because there's nothing to be shy of when it comes to the inescapable feeling in life....

4 more years before i hit the Magic 21 and i think it's best for me to learn to cope with this inescapable feeling in life from people who have had similar experiences before...

It's not to say that i'm a desperate or anything but i'm pretty sure advices and experiences given by the people here are very much appreciated :D

catnap

Postby catnap » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:57 am

so FL, have u thought about whether you like her as a person if you take the common interest away? that's where you should start. meanwhile, if she's willing, just hang out with her as friends and see if you guys click.

well there's no hard and fast rules really, just follow your heart and be sensible and being sensible includes backing away and breaking it up if it's necessary

happy exploring!

FranzLiszt

Postby FranzLiszt » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 8:27 pm

basically we juz hang out as frens quite often and at the same time i'm searching for unique qualities in her during our "hangout sessions"

only time will tell.... :D

FranzLiszt

Postby FranzLiszt » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:38 pm

Hi guys , the 17 year old teen speaks again....

Just a brief update , basically i've hooked up with her for a couple of weeks and like what catnap said that I should explore the unique qualities of her if I were to take away the "piano essence" between us.
Basically I've found out that she hates shopping and has a simple mindset towards life in terms of her sense of simplicity when it comes to dressing.
Being raised in a HDB environment all my life , my parents always enjoy the Kopitiam lifestyle.I remember my dad would once in a while complain to us about a comparision between a bowl of Laksa costing 11 bucks plus at one of the hotels here and a bowl of Laksa costing 3 bucks at Katong.I guess , you can say that we are just a bunch of ordinary Heartlanders living life to the fullest.

I guess it was because of the environment in which i was being raised in that led me to accepting this unique quality of her...

Initially we were both shy and she was the one who always makes the first move.
Right now she's leading in the rat race.She's always making the first moves (most of the time) and I always end up getting shy about it.Like how she would kiss me on the bus (at the rear of course) and I would just black out or if I don't black out , my mind tells me to reply with a kiss as well but I just can't do it maybe because there are lots of other communters seated in front of us and I will start to feel embarrassed about it...SO WHAT SHOULD I DO????

To sidetrack a bit , teenage couples are not an uncommon sight in Modern Singapore.But what I rant about is the way how teenage couples express their love for each other.
I'm sure you're familar with these quotes...

"I will love you forever"
"I can live without you"
"I would die for you"
"Our love will last forever (and ever AMEN :? )"
"Fate has brought us together"

Seriously I really can't stand it when I hear (or even in the form of a friendster testimonial) a guy says these words to his girlfriend....
Unless you can tell the future , you have absoutely no right to make such comments
I'm a down to Earth kinda person and would prefer to express my love for her by saying , "I love you" or "I miss you".You know , those old fashion expressions of love , yeah I would prefer to say that than cook up some over exaggerated words of affection....

Oh by the way , My close friend is feeling a little bit "lonely" because all of the guys (including me) in our close circle of friendship has already been hooked up.He experienced another heartbreak a few days ago with the same old scenerio whereby he ask this girl out and later the boyfriend sends her home.I really feel sorry for him as I've known him for so long and seriously I would love to console him but I always find myself saying "oh things would take a turn one day" "don't be a pessimist , you'll find someone special one day".I wish to "diversify" in my consoling and hope to get some advice here as well....

Thanks