Singapore Expats

Cycling in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Cycling in Singapore

Post by abbby » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:58 am

What are your views on cycling in Singapore? Recently I do see quite an increase of cyclists on the road, most adhered, but of course there are some who zip across lane haphazardly or dash through traffic lights..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Cycling in Singapore

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 6:47 am

I generally cycle very early in the morning, cooling and far less traffic.

More annoying are those who don’t wear helmets, don’t have lights and dress all in dark colours. Asking to be hit IMHO.

On the other side, not all car drivers are saints...you get some who don’t indicate, who lane hog or speed up to block you changing lanes. Then you have those speeders like the Ferrari that hit a taxi a few years back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Cycling in Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 1:32 pm

I always feel anxious when I see cyclists on the road. Some of them even cycle on the highway! I’ve seen a few close calls, cyclists zipping through lanes without looking, and stopping abruptly.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Cycling in Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 1:35 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Wed, 28 Apr 2021 6:47 am

More annoying are those who don’t wear helmets, don’t have lights and dress all in dark colours. Asking to be hit IMHO.
Yes! I see some cyclists in all dark colors, without any lights on themselves or their bikes, even when it’s dark out at 6 in the morning. So dangerous!