Singapore Expats

contact lense

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
lamiimochu

contact lense

Post by lamiimochu » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 6:34 pm

my contact lense is causing my eyes to be very red.should i stop using it?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: contact lense

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 11:02 pm

Would be a pretty good idea, I'd say.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 7:37 am

Best go back to the optician for review, they can hopefully offer alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:51 am

Redness can be due to anything from minor irritation to a more serious allergy. Regardless, you should probably stop wearing them until you go and get the green light from your optician.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:09 pm

About 5 years ago, one of my eyes became red every time I put in a contact lens (after 35 years of wearing). I stopped wearing for a month and tried putting in a brand new lens and got the same problem - it’s like my eye had finally rejected lens wearing.

After that I just wore one contact lens, and did that for about 4 years and got used to it (one eye for close up, one for distance), but finally my other eye started having other problems like dryness and meibomianitis.

So now I have just stopped wearing contacts completely over the last year and just use glasses when needed. I think my eyes have been tortured enough over my life, it’s time to give them a much needed break.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 1:08 pm

malcontent wrote:
Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:09 pm
About 5 years ago, one of my eyes became red every time I put in a contact lens (after 35 years of wearing). I stopped wearing for a month and tried putting in a brand new lens and got the same problem - it’s like my eye had finally rejected lens wearing.

After that I just wore one contact lens, and did that for about 4 years and got used to it (one eye for close up, one for distance), but finally my other eye started having other problems like dryness and meibomianitis.

So now I have just stopped wearing contacts completely over the last year and just use glasses when needed. I think my eyes have been tortured enough over my life, it’s time to give them a much needed break.
My father had a similar experience. After visiting his optician, he was told his eyes may have developed an allergy to the contact lens solution. He was told that these allergies can develop at any point in life, even if you have been a regular contact lens wearer.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Spectacles Recommendation

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:39 am

Hi, any shop recommendation for not so expensive spectacles/glasses for regular daily use? thanks

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 5:58 pm

I recently picked up a pair at OWNDAYS, they had half off a second pair and my daughter was getting a pair anyway. Can’t recall the exact cost but it was close to $100.

My old ones were purchased 20 years ago at Lucky Plaza for less than $50, but note that I haven’t been wearing glasses regularly until recently.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 6:18 pm

malcontent wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 5:58 pm
I recently picked up a pair at OWNDAYS, they had half off a second pair and my daughter was getting a pair anyway. Can’t recall the exact cost but it was close to $100.

My old ones were purchased 20 years ago at Lucky Plaza for less than $50, but note that I haven’t been wearing glasses regularly until recently.
The 2nd pair need not be the same specification as the first? The 2nd pair can be used for another family member?

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 9:03 pm

Yes, the second pair was a completely different pair for my daughter.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Re: Spectacles Recommendation

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 1:34 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:39 am
Hi, any shop recommendation for not so expensive spectacles/glasses for regular daily use? thanks
Try Grand Straits Optical.

https://www.grandstraits.sg/location/outlets.html

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 1:36 am

malcontent wrote:

$100 for both?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 9:28 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 1:36 am
malcontent wrote:

$100 for both?
I got a pair from Lenskart with blue light protection for 103$ yesterday. they also gave free gold membership

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 21 Jun 2021 4:00 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
malcontent wrote:

$100 for both?
No, around $100 each, all in. They both included UV protection.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 22 Jun 2021 2:58 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 9:28 am
Lisafuller wrote:
malcontent wrote:

$100 for both?
I got a pair from Lenskart with blue light protection for 103$ yesterday. they also gave free gold membership
What does gold membership do? How long did it take for the pair to be ready?